Chapter 9

"It's swollen. So I'll apply some ointment and wrap it with a bandage" Tae said, busily walking here and there to get the supplies. When there was no reply, he turned to look at the two guys who were standing still.

Tae's eyes travelled between both of them for a second before he shook his head and heaved a sigh, "Anyways, you need to apply an ice pack on the knuckles. This will be fine in a day or two." He pointed at the injury on Jungkook's hand.

At first, Tae was busy wrapping the bandage. But at some point, he started to feel very uncomfortable under the unblinking gaze of Jungkook. He tried really hard to concentrate on bandaging the knuckles and not look up. He just want to get this over and done with.

Just when he finished the process, "Hey Tae, did you see my........" Jimin's voice was cut short by the scene infront. Two pairs of eyes immediately turned towards him while the remaining one was glued stubbornly on Tae's face.

"And why is he here again?" Jimin asked casually walking over to sit on the bed that was for patients.

Tae didn't answer though. He finished the bandage and said, "there you go. It's over" he said to Kook and then turned to Suga with a nod, "It's all fine. Can i talk to you for a second? Alone?" and then he got up, dusting his hands and walked out.

Suga didn't follow Tae immediately. He turned to ask Kook, "sir, can I..?"

"Go" Kook said still looking at the receding back of Tae.

When the door was closed, Jimin and Jungkook were left alone in the room. Jimin, who have no idea about Kook, moved to sit beside him casually, "so... why are you here again?"

Jungkook slowly turned his head and looked at the small guy that dared enough to sit beside him.

For Jimin, Kook now seemed like someone who looks lost and to comfort him, Jimin moved closer and put an arm around the guy, "Did someone fight you? How did this happen?" Jimin either didn't notice the death glare Kook was sending his way or he's too innocent to discern the meaning. Clearly, the knuckles are bruised because Kook beat up someone and not the other way around. But his idiotic self just carried on, "If you are Tae's friend, then you are my friend too. I am a fighter you know. Underground and stuff.... " Jimin raised his other hand to show off his cute biceps which Kook didn't have a slightest bit interest to look at.

Kook just stared at the ground all through the one-sided conversation that Jimin was having.

"If you want me to beat up someone, just tell me and I will... "

"You will not" Tae entered again and Suga stood at the door frame.

Jimin jumped up from the bed and walked to meet Tae halfway, "Tae... look at this guy. He looks so innocent. I think someone is bullying him.."

Tae wanted to beat some sense into his friend's head but he couldn't do but resist doing so infront of these outsiders. So he ignored his existence and said to Kook, "you can go Jungkook. Don't forget to apply ice packs" and he turned to Suga one last time to say, "tell Hobi I asked about him"

"Hoseok was disappointed when you didn't call him the last day you got home" Suga said.

And Jungkook who have not once seen Suga talking a full sentence, was startled. But it didn't show on his face as he slowly stood up from the bed.

"Oh. Tell him that I am sorry. My bag got stolen on the last day I was returning to my home. Some dipshit just snatched my bag and rode away on the bike. My things all gone, along with my new phone" Tae said and Jimin immediately followed by saying, "Oh come on Tae. It's not even a touch screen. You bought a basic phone. It's better gone. Let me buy you a new one" Jimin tried to put an arm around Tae but his hands got slapped away instead, making him pout.