14. Confrontations and Confessions

Chapter 14: Confrontations and Confessions

Hidden behind the art room, Midoriya, Bakugou, and Shoto shared nervous glances as they saw Uraraka emerge. Seizing the opportunity to bridge the awkward gap that had developed between them, Midoriya called out to her.

However, the moment her eyes met Bakugou's, a shadow of unease crossed her face. Her intent to leave was unmistakable, and Bakugou, never one to hold back, bluntly voiced out, "What's your deal? Are you scared of us or something? Why sprint away every time you see us?"

Uraraka, taken aback by his straightforwardness, met his challenging stare. "Yes, I try to avoid you guys because in this group, there's a certain person who acts like the world owes him everything because of his money. And that's you," she shot back, pointing at Bakugou.

The atmosphere grew tense, electric with suppressed anger. Bakugou's eyes blazed with fury as he advanced towards Uraraka. "So you think you can judge me? You've crossed a line. I've been holding back because you're a girl, but now? Now I don't care," he hissed, raising his hand.

Shoto reacted instantly, grabbing Bakugou's arm and holding him back, preventing him from making a rash move. Locking eyes with Midoriya, Shoto sent a silent plea, urging him to diffuse the situation.

Taking the hint, Midoriya quickly stepped forward, grabbing Uraraka's hand and pulling her away from the brewing storm. As they retreated, Bakugou's voice, thick with anger, faded into the distance.

Breathing heavily, Midoriya apologized on Bakugou's behalf, "I'm really sorry for the way he acted. He's not always like that."

Uraraka sighed, her earlier bravado slowly waning, "His words... they're so sharp, like knives."

Midoriya chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, "Well, I must say, it was brave of you to stand up to him. Not many dare to speak against Bakugou."

A blush crept up Uraraka's cheeks, "Well, someone had to say it." She paused for a moment before adding, "Just... tell him to think before he speaks. Words can hurt."

With that parting advice, she left, leaving Midoriya to reflect on the complexities of friendships and confrontations.