Chapter 19

Santiago

I hear my phone ringing, but the warmth that is next to me is to good. Vera. Her soft skin and lavender scent.

She starts to stir awake, but I keep her pressed against my body. "Santiago, you have to answer your phone." She grumbles, tucking her head further into my chest.

"It's not important." I say making Vera sigh. God, her name. I love it. She told me it last night. I already knew, but I'm glad she's finally comfortable with me. Now I don't have to be terrified that I'll slip up. I tried to shield my reaction to her last name though and my connections to it.

She rolls over and grabs my phone answers it and places it to my ear. I put a pout on my face. She mouths to me 'Your the leader of the mafia, you have to answer your phone.' My eardrum is suddenly burst by a terrible song.

"Happy birthday to y-" I hang up before the first sentence can get out of Cameron's mouth.
Vera gapes at me.

"Did you just hang up on him." I nod as he starts calling again.

"Clearly he didn't get the message." I tuck my head in Vera's neck but she pulls away.

"Santiago, you don't hang up on people and I forgot it's your birthday." I don't mind that she forgot, to be fair she hated my guts 12 hours ago. "I'm gonna answer this phone, you're going to let him sing, and you're gonna be nice."

I smirk at her fierceness. "I like it when you talk to me like that." Her mouth drops open and she hits my arm. I fake being hurt then she answers the phone.

"Because you hung up on me, I have to start over." I stare at Vera as I sit through my birthday song. "I'll ignore your lack of applause. Anyways what are we doing, strip club, bar, Vegas?" Vera stares at the phone as if Cam can feel her disapproval.

"I have better plans." I say kissing down Vera's neck as she laces her fingers through my hair.

"Are you with someone now. You are. If you tell me, I won't track your every movement from last night. And trust that I can figure out every position y'all did." I draw away from Vera's because of his words. Mood killer, but I am very proud of all the positions me and Vera did.

"It's Vera. You and Alex are in charge until I get back." I hang up before he can say anything and put my phone on silent.

"Back from where?" I smile at Vera and kiss her cheek.

"I know how you can make up for forgetting my birthday." She tilts her head in silent questioning. "Come to Guatemala with me." Her eyes go wide and I can see the doubt whirling in them.

"Santi I-"

"We'd stay in my house there, I'd show you my favorite places, we can go to car shows, have lots of sex...." She blushes while shaking her head.

"You're insane." She bites her lip, debating.

"Let me show you a home that feels like mine." She softens at my words and I know immediately I won. Guatemala here we come.

...

Thank you all so much for 5k reads. I appreciate it so much and am so grateful. Thank you!!! 😊 😁