CHAPTER 9: NEW LOVE

Start from the beginning

I said, "okay."

She said, "Mary just called me and she told me that she heard something but we don't know if it's true or not true, and I don't know what to do if it's true. I mean I know what I would want to do, but then I don't know if I can or if I should or if I do what how would it make me look."

She said, "I know I'm not making sense."

I said, "what did you hear"

She started to tell, but then we heard banging on the door.  It was Molly.  She said, "Mia open up. Maddie is in there. Mia."

Mia said, "Dang."  She went to the door.  I tried to not laugh, but from Molly's little tantrum she was screaming and banging on the door, and then Mia's reaction it made me laugh.

Molly ran to me. She said, "hi Maddie did you come to play?"

I said, "yes, but first Mia was wanting to talk to me. How about I talk to Mia and you go on to your room and then I'll come play with you."  She hugged me.  She said, "okay Madison."

Molly said, "Mia why did you lock your door? Are you mad at me?"  She looked worried.

Mia said, "no Molly. I'm sorry. I didn't lock it because of you, I just wanted to talk to Madison in private."

Molly said, "About boys"

Mia said, "yes now please can I talk to Madison."  Molly left.

Mia said, "Mary heard from her sister who heard from Talia that Megan and Chase broke up."

I said, "i see. And since it was she heard from someone who heard from someone you're not sure if it's true, that they broke up"

Mia said, "Well yeah I guess, but I think it's probably true they broke up. That's not the issue."

I said, "oh."

She said, "Mary heard that Megan is going out with Charlie Myers who goes to school at our rival school. But the other thing is that Talia said that Megan told Talia she doesn't feel bad about breaking up with him because Chase was wanting to break up anyway, because he likes this girl. He really wants to be with this girl but at the time that he got with Megan this girl had a boyfriend."

I said, "let me guess, you are the girl"

She said, "yes, how did you know."

I said, "Well for one you're beautiful. You're sweet. You're full of fun. And I don't know any boy who wouldn't like you"

She said, "I don't know if that part is true. But I guess Talia asked Megan who the girl was and she told Talia it was me."

I said, "Mia are you worried that he will ask you out? I mean worried that it will hurt John"

She said, "yes Maddie. I mean Chase is so hot. I would love to go out with him. But there are two problems with that. John and then Tommy. I get the feeling Tommy doesn't like Chase."

I laughed.  I said, "Sorry sweetie. But yeah I get that feeling too. Maybe because Tom glares at him"

She laughed.  She said, "I know right, and Chase really likes Tommy. He's a big fan."  We laughed.

Mia said, "I don't want to hurt John"

I said, "I know that. But honey, you also I don't want to see you get hurt. it doesn't make you look bad if that is what you are worried about. It's not like you dumped John to be with Chase.  You broke up with John in September, first part, and it's November. And you have not had a boyfriend, or gone anywhere with a boy. It's ok for you to move on and date someone else. John told you he wanted you to be happy. I know you don't want to hurt him, but I guess if I was you, and you are worried about John, and if this turns out to be true, and Chase does ask you out, I would talk to John first and ask him if your friendship will be ok if you date someone else. But that is if your friendship is worth saving to you."