The Oathbreaker, The Magician, and The Child of Wisdom

Zon:

I thought the silence was going to stretch on forever. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath waiting for me to continue, but I didn't know where to go from there. I needed to know if they believed me before I even tried to tell them what had happened.

"Awesome," Vir finally said. "What is it? How did you get it? Did Rachel like sleepwalk to your cabin or something? In the legion we had rumors about how your oracle worked. I mean it's obviously much different than the scrolls."

Vir's excited outburst seemed to pull everyone back into the room and it went from silence to chaos.

"How could you get a prophecy? I don't remember Rachel ever coming into the cabin," Kayla said.

"This could mean good news for your quest and for the oracles if it turns out to be true," Chiron added.

The four of them kept talking and talking until it got to a point that I couldn't even figure out who was asking what.

"STOP!" I yelled. "Please I cannot answer a million questions at once. Rachel was sort of there. Maybe we should get her. Something tells me she might be able to help me explain," I insisted.

"I can go get Rachel," Will volunteered. Chiron nodded and Will headed off to go retrieve our oracle. Now I just had to keep three people with suspicions and boiling questions satisfied without digging myself in a whole by telling the truth.

"Before you ask, I don't really know how it happened. I do think it would be best to wait before giving more details until Rachel is here. She has the most experience with these types of things.

"Perhaps you could then enlighten us as to what you heard?" Chiron asked.

Vir nodded eagerly. An odd hunger seemed to shimmer in the son of Hecate's eyes.

I told the three of them the lines of the prophecy I had heard.

"That's it! I'm the magician obviously. Zon has to be the oathbreaker since this whole thing is about a broken oath. As for the child of wisdom... um I'm not sure there. Maybe this is one of those situations where you get to choose your own or something. There are some quests like that right? We did that at Camp Jupiter," Vir said.

"If it is a choose your own adventure I can't say you would be the best magician to pick," I said.

Vir placed a hand over his heart and gasped. "You would even think of other magicians. I thought you were better than this."

"We barely even know each other," I pointed out.

"That doesn't matter. I'm the reason you even have this chance, remember?" Vir argued. "Not to mention you've seen my manipulation of the mist first hand. You can't say I wouldn't be useful on your quest."

"While you are skilled with the mist, you do have a lot of other siblings who have more experience," I pushed.

Before Vir could argue any further, the door to the big house opened. Will walked in followed by Rachel and Malcolm.

"You're the knife guy!" Vir said, pointing at Malcolm.

Malcolm didn't look much better than Vir. He was a haphazardly wrapped up wound on his arm and tiny knicks across his body. Hanging around his wait were a bunch of celestial bronze throwing knives. I knew he was a good fighter, but he spent most of his time nowadays reading. I hardly ever saw him carrying a weapon. At least one that was visible.

"I'd prefer just Malcolm," He said. He had his arms full of books. So many that he used his chin as support to keep the stack from tumbling down.

"Found him heading here on my way back from getting Rachel," Will said. "Said he had some stuff to talk with Chiron about urgently. Seems to be a trend."