𝟭𝟬. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗱 (for now)

A.N:

Thank you to everyone who has supported this story. When I came up with the idea- I was honestly scared to try it out. I really hope everyone has enjoyed reading it as much as I have loved writing it.

This is (once again) a two part story. The second part has been posted & it is called The Office. So NO- Naruhina in this universe do not end here- they continue over there!🤪

This is the last chapter for part one, and I must explain that it is very Naruto- Centered. Part 2 we will get into everything Hinata went through in the year her and Naruto were apart. So as you read just keep in mind- this was something done on purpose.

I love y'all so much & can't wait to continue this story in Part 2. I think you all will love it waaaaayyyy more than this.

🩷🩷🩷

One month turned into three.

Three long months Naruto Uzumaki stayed in Kiri as Gojo's apprentice and the mediator between KAM and an international logistics company. Three weeks into his stay- Kushina and Minato broke the news to Naruto.

In his hotel, with all the lights turned off, he gripped his phone, the statement breaking his heart. Their hearts were pounding with fear and anticipation, waiting for his reply. It seemed it was never coming. "Sweet heart?"

Naruto practiced his poker voice and face. He sounded calm and relaxed, a bit of happiness peeking through. Only enough to sell his conviction. "I'm happy for you guys."

Minato knew better than anyone that he was the opposite of happy. "Naruto... we didn't thi-"

"Hey uh I have to go. There's an event Gojo and I have to attend and I'm already running late. Love you guys." The three beeps proceeded, signaling the call ended. Kushina looked at her phone with a frown. Her baby was hurt and was doing his best not to show it.

Everything came in all at once. From the day they landed, Naruto just hadn't had time to catch a break. He barely had time to catch up with his friends, to speak with his parents, it was just work work work.

Kiri offered a lot of insight. In fact, Naruto recognized this deal with Gojo was way better than going to work in Kumo. He was getting first hand experience on negotiations, and he was under a fucking genius. He wouldn't have to wait years in his position to get a taste of this high level of the business world cause he was front and center for it and he just stopped being an intern.

Naruto learned more about the persona of men and women in this field. How entrepreneurs and people with insane amounts of wealth spoke with one another. What they did and didn't expect. The jargon, cues, and stares. He ate it all up and developed some of his own, and it all made him attractive.

However many women started to pawn after him since he was Gojo's right hand man, Naruto didn't even look. There was only one woman for him, and he would wait faithfully until they were reunited.

But soon everything hit him like a ton of bricks. His memories, mistakes, the four months he spent under and over Hinata's skin. Her scent started to linger under his nose, images and places reminded him of her all of the time. It started to get him depressed.