Chapter 9

“Hey,” I heard a melodious voice. “It’s Trace.”

   “Trace? How did you get my number?”

   “Yep, it’s me. I hope you don’t mind, I asked Aiden for it.”

   “Of course I don’t mind,” I laughed.

   “Sorry to ring you so late. You’re not doing anything are you?”

   “Nope, just laying here thinking. Needing someone to talk to.”

   “Well that’s what I’m here for,” he replied very enthusiastically. “What’s bothering you?”

   I felt as if he was the kind of person that I could tell my feelings, and he knew Aiden very well, so that was an extra. I felt as if I could open up to him, and I needed someone that I could do that with at the moment. So I thought what the hell? And I opened up to him. “Do you promise not to tell anyone?”

   “I swear on the life of Goofy Goober,” he confirmed, referring back to me earlier. “You can trust me.”

   “Well, urm...I’m not sure how to put this...but I kinda like Aiden.”

   “Really? What you have like a crush on him?”

   “Urm...Yeah.”

   “I KNEW IT!” he screeched.

   “H-how did you know?” I asked, slightly bewildered.

   “It was the way you were looking at him. Awh...This is so sweet.”

   “I’m confused. It feels so strange. It’s like when he hugs me, I just never want to let go.”

   “Awh...he hugged you?”

   “Well, yes. A lot.”

   “Awh. You loooovvvvveerrrr himmm.” Trace cooed, reminding me of a girl.

   “Shut up! I do not! And anyways, you sound like a girl.” I giggled towards the end.

   I talked on the phone with Trace for nearly an hour before we hung up and I fell into a beautiful deep sleep.

                                                                     ***

   I woke up this morning and decided to try and scare Aiden. I snuck into his room and realised that he was still asleep. Even better. I snuck up to him and sat on the floor next to his bed. I could see his head peeking out from in-between the covers. He looked so cute. I just sat there staring at him for about 5 minutes. OhMyUsher...I’m becoming obsessed. I have to stop this. I decided to carry out my plan to scare him another time. I poked him in his side and he began to mumble. I laughed at him and he opened his eyes a little.

   “Good morning Baltimore,” he said, referring to Hairspray. I don’t think he even knew what he had just said.

   “You’re an idiot, did you know that?” I laughed.

   “Yeah, but I’m your idiot,” I laughed at him once more. He moved over and patted the space beside him, motioning for me to sit there. I got up off of the floor and sat next to him. “Come here,” he mumbled, holding his arms out cutely for a hug. I could see that he was still too tired to move, so I lay down next to him and he lazily wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer. A shiver was sent down my spine at his touch and he mistook it for me being cold. He got the covers and covered me with them as well, pulling me closer. I cuddled up to him, he was nice and warm. That’s when I realised that he was only wearing his boxers. I began to blush a bit, but he was too tired to notice. At least that’s what I thought. I looked up into his eyes, trying to distract myself from the fact that he was not fully dressed.

   “Awh...are you embarrassed?”

   “No.” I stated uncertainly, my cheeks betraying me and turning a deeper shade of pink once more.

   “Am I really that good looking?” he joked.

   “No, you’re ugly,” I lied. Truth was he was freaking beautiful. He was perfect.

   “Thanks,” he laughed gently, still tired.

   “I’m joking, you’re okay.”

   “Okay? I think I can handle that,” he laughed again. When I was around him, I always seemed to have a smile on my face or I would be laughing. I smiled at him and he just looked at me.

   “I think that you’re beautiful,” he said shyly, looking down a bit as he said it.

   “And I think...I know that you’re lying.”

   “But I’m not though,” he said, taking hold of one of my hands with his free arm. He stroked it and as he did I felt sparks shooting throughout my body. Damn. I was falling for him...And I was falling hard. Then he spoke again, “You really are truly, outstandingly beautiful. One of the most beautiful people I have ever seen, infact the most beautiful. Apart from the muffin man of course.” He laughed a bit and I just smiled at him, looking down a bit while blushing even more. He was so sweet.

   “This girl you like, she must be an idiot.”

   “Why do you say that?”

   “Because if she can’t see the amazing guy in front of her, then she must be.”

   “Really?” he asked a look of hope in his eye.

   “Yep,” I smiled at him, offering him support. Even though I really liked him, I just wanted him to be happy. And it was obvious that he liked this girl, you could see it by the way his eye’s just automatically lit up every time she’s brought up. “Tell me about her,” I said, becoming more curious.

   “Well...urm...I don’t really know where to start.” Awh, he was so cute. “She’s really pretty and beautiful. She’s really kind. She has the best ever taste in music. She’s so kind and friendly. She makes me smile and my heart gets really fast when I’m around her. I can never stop thinking about her.” By now he was avoiding eye contact with me and was blushing majorly. He was too cute.

   “Awh, that is the sweetest thing that I have ever heard.”

   He just blushed deeper, and then he spoke. “I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the fair later?” I had forgotten all about the fair coming to town and I instantly became excited.

   “I’d love to thank you,” I smiled at him brightly.

   “Great! I can’t wait!” he smiled back at me, just as enthusiastically. “So...enough talk about me. Let’s talk about you.”

   I laughed at him, “What do you want to know?” We laid there for at least an hour whilst we talked about random things.