18th birthday

Just another day representing a replica of the day I was born. Sitting on the rooftop I admire the sun rising from the edges of the earth, its beauty slowly spreading across the land as if unfolding a blanket of pure bright orange.

Its beautiful out here. Early morning and late nights are when it's quietest in the world, the most peace one person can ever get. A small sigh leaves my lips as I know I have to get up and start my day, skillfully lifting myself from the edge into a stand position I walk down the stairwell till my feet are flat on the hallway ground.

I open the door to my flat giving myself a couple minutes to wash up and change my clothes, with my flared jeans, black crop top and leather jacket on im ready to leave. Before walking out I slip my white sneakers on and grab my keys from the counter side.

It didn't take long before I was already at the bar, "my faveroute employee, early as usual" a familiar deep voice travels through the air. A tall well postured man fiddles with the doors as he unlocks the padlock to the bar, "you know me, I just love this job so much" I reply slightly sarcastically, the tall, well built figure turns around till our eyes are aquainted. Rick's always had kind eyes, I see no darkness hidden behind them.

A small chuckle leaves his lips making his chest vibrate softly, my eyes roam over his blonde slightly styled hair, his blue eyes are the closest thing I've seen to the ocean. A strong jawline slims his cheeks as bits of stubble grow along his chin line. He turns back around to push the door open allowing me to walk in first as the gentleman he is. The place was dark in areas the sun rise couldn't hit through the windows, it was an old kind of vintage bar with some stylish seating areas that kept it intruiging to the people in this century.

The warm lights flicker on from above as I hear a click of a switch, "Remember you have two hours before you start, take the time to eat and study" he says tilting his eyebrow ever so slightly, I notice his jawline tenses showing his seriousness. I give him a knowing nod before going to the back in the locker room to place my bag down.

I wasn't able to get into college but thanks to Rick I work in one of the best bar's in the city, however it doesn't mean I haven't stopped trying to uphold my normal life and career. I want to work with animals; rescue them, study there behaviour, help injured ones. I've never got along with people as well as animals, people are noisey and quick to talk. Unlike animals, there peaceful. As I've been studying I've taken a bit more interest in horses specifically; they run wild in herds, there majestic when they move, and filled with pure beauty.

I want to help and rescue animals that are unable to defend themselves from life's predators. Grabbing my study books I head back into the bar sitting at one of the booths, I grab an apple from one of the bowls behind the counter. Every bite led to a river of Juicey flavour, Rick always knows where to get the best apples. Once I'm finished I clean up and stick my head into my books. Atleast thirty minutes go by before the sound of a door is opening, my eyes flicker to the front door as a bloke stumbles in.

His beard looking uncared for. His eyes sunken in. His clothes atleast a week old. A strong oder of alcohol fills my nose, sitting up i swiftly walk over to the man keeping a couple feet between us. "Sorry sir, we aren't open yet" I say politely. "W-what! I just walked t-through that fug-fucking door! Your open" his words were slurred the more his voice became harsher. His steps drew closer to me, the vile stench filled my nose. "Please get out" I say trying to compose myself. "Or what!" He spits as his back hunches unable to keep himself steady.

I feel the power radiate through my body, it reaches down my arms filling my veins. My palms feel like there going to explode if I don't make fists right now. Taking a deep breathe I give the disgusting man one last chance "Sir, I will not serve you. Now leave" the aragont bastard makes no hurry to the door, yet stands there. I voice the words in my head 'atrotum' my palm slowly opens as I stare into the man's eyes, he slowly begins to walk backwards "w-what. Whats going on?!" He says looking completely dumbfounded. He had control of his mind but I had control of his body. He leaves shutting the door behind him, I wasn't worried he would tell anyone what had just happened. Who would believe the drunken fool. I sigh getting back to my studies.

I could still feel my power tingling through my veins, the man had put me on edge. Taking a deep breathe in and softly letting it out the feeling began to dissapear.