Chapter Twenty-Eight | Wrapping Up Loose Ends

Tae Men

Eomeoni was sobbing, Abeoji was practically screaming, and all of my siblings were in various states of shock as they all stand in the middle of my soon-to be-home with various boxes and suitcases.

With the wedding a week away and my sisters eager to reclaim more closet space to themselves, the decision had been made to start the process of moving my belongings from the entirety of my life at my parent's house over to Kang Il's home and now my home. The three dogs were eagerly waiting by the gate as they had been locked in the gym to keep them from being underfoot as Rhino's cast had been removed and he was just as eager as ever to be around as many people as possible.

"Tae Men, this is going to be your house?" Tae Mirae asks, looking around the large space.

"Yes, why is this so surprising?" I laugh.

"It's so big!"

"Kang Il must make a bundle playing sports professionally..." someone mutters.

I roll my eyes at their dramatic words and start directing traffic around the room so I can start unpacking my own things and making Kang Il's home, 'ours.'

"Should I put your filing boxes in the office are over here?" Eomeoni asks, tears still streaming down her face.

"Sure. Why are you crying though, Eomeoni?"

"I'm just so happy that he did well for himself all these years and now you two are getting married...all of your hopes and dreams are coming true...it's so beautiful!!" She sobs.

I squeeze her hand and give her a moment to compose herself so a flood doesn't go off from her crying.

"Once we empty Tae Men's things, we should put my stuff in the empty boxes so we can take them back to your house, Abeoji," Ca Jin-Ho comments.

"Don't call my father-in-law, father. That's creepy," Kang Il's voice joins the conversation and I make my way out of the office to see Kang Il arriving with Ca Jin-Ho, a broad grin on his lips as he hugs various siblings and family members and notices the boxes of my possessions being scattered amongst his home.

Now, it's our home.

"Hope you don't mind that I've already started unpacking," I sigh. "Wanted to get a jump start on things before tomorrow."

"What's tomorrow?" He asks.

"You haven't told him?" Tae Moon asks, shock coloring his expression.

I shake my head and most of my family exchanges private looks, each more amusing than the last.

"What's going on?"

"Tae Men is giving up her home office dining room table needs," Ca Jin-Ho answers.

I shoot him a glare and he just bats his eyes in response.

"She has one her own office here now. Of course she won't be using the dining table at Eomeoni's house anymore," Kang Il scoffs and lightly punches Ca Jin-Ho in the shoulder.

Since the engagement and the bachelor party as well, their relationship had definitely improved. They had come to a quiet understanding that I wasn't quite sure what to make of, but if it meant they got along, it was a win for me.

"That's not what he meant," Eomeoni says softly.

Her face is glowing with pride as she takes in Kang Il's affectionate title and squeezes her cheeks to her eyes in a toothless smile.

"What—"

"I accepted the offer with Chairman Lee. I report to the stadium tomorrow for paperwork. I figured I might as well make up for lost time and accept an opportunity to see you as much as possible. At work, at home, at everywhere in between."