Chapter Twenty-Four | Golden Boy to Dirty Mistress

Bu Seok

"You're sure this won't be crossing the line?" Catie Lee asks once again.

I shrug nonchalantly and hide my smile, "What would be crossing the line to you?" I ask, "I've seen you hungover and drunk, you practically attacked me both times. You meeting my family shouldn't be crossing the line since you're helping me out as much as I am you, so what would count as crossing the line."

My reminder of Catie Lee's actions from earlier this week causes her cheeks to burn and she fiddles with the bleached ends of her hair, mumbling something under her breath, most likely a prayer and a promise to never drink again.

I hope that's a promise she doesn't intend to keep. She's cute adorable when she's intoxicated...

"I am really sorry about that. I very rarely get that drunk and for some reason, I latch— I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Which part? Getting drunk or spending the night with me, kissing me, kicking me in a not-so fun spot, and then kicking me out of your place like you were ashamed of me?"

My voice gives away my jest, but she still hangs her head in shame.

"All of it?"

"I hope that's a promise you won't keep. After all, we are dating for real now."

Catie Lee's head snaps up and her peculiar eyes meet mine, "What?"

"You can't confess your feelings and then not date me. Even if you were drunk."

"I-I—"

"You'll hurt my feelings, Catie Lee, if you deny yours."

I'm full out grinning now as she stares at me in confusion.

"I did what?"

I pull out my phone and open up the video Lee Young-min had gratefully sent me of Catie Lee running at me upon our arrival to crash Vivian's Book Club. Catie blushes a dark red and covers her face as her drunken warbles touch our ears, a smattering of giggles and Lee Soojin swearing creating a symphony of fun sound effects in the background.

"I am so embarrassed."

"If it makes you feel any better, I took you saying 'liking a person who came into my heart like a lightning bolt' as a compliment and not an insult."

"When did I say THAT?!"

"When I had to carry you inside your home when you wouldn't let go of me when the cab took us to your family's house. Nice place by the way. I think it's cool that you live with the whole family in one massive palace."

Catie Lee puffs out her cheeks and points at the door leading to my parent's home, "It's not like your family lives in a moderate sized home either."

"I was being sincere."

"You were teasing me."

"True."

"Are you always like this?"

"Adorable and playful? Yes."

"Teasing and taunting."

"Then also yes."

"Remind me why you needed a fake girlfriend then? Couldn't you have found someone to date you?"

"I didn't want to date them. I wanted to date you."

"I don't date."

"How can you say that Cate? We're dating!"

"We are not!"