Walk the streets

Jason sat on his bed with his face in his knees as he stared at the locked door in front of him, and next to his bed were a box of gardening supplies. The gardening supplies he knew he wasn't supposed to have, the ones he hid from his dad and was sure as hell were going to be thrown away the second Mr.Durchdenwald gets the chance.

He shifted his body over to his phone to check the time.

8:30pm.

Just 3 hours since the unwanted haircut.

Jason couldn't even look at himself in the mirror. He couldn't even touch his hair. The absent feeling of his upper back length hair brushing against his neck made him want to cut his head and neck off.

He quickly made a grab for his phone, and the screen lit up his face as he pulled up Craig's contact.

Was Craig even awake?

It was Saturday, and Craig did mention somewhere in their friendship that he liked staying up later on the weekends. Maybe he was awake. It wouldn't hurt to try.

With shaking hands, he impulsively called Craig in the dark room.

It took a bit, but Craig picked up the phone.

"Hi Jason! Do you need something?"

"Hi...".

It felt odd not having long enough hair to twirl between his fingers whenever he was trying to focus his mind on the current situation, "Listen, I know it's late and you were probably getting ready to go to bed but I can't keep the gardening tools at my house anymore and you're the only one I can keep them with...".

Jason was sure as hell his father was going to take advantage of the fact he surprisingly didn't have work tomorrow and use that time to go into Jason's room while he slept to dump the gardening supplies in a ditch and never come back for them, maybe he'll lift up the rock used as her grave and dump them there. It was better to get it over with now while his dad was distracted, and Jason's door was locked, so he couldn't come in.

Craig was surprised at the request, "O-Oh, why? Is your dad not happy?". "I can't explain now, but I can't have them here. Whenever we need to take care of them, you can come over and bring them. " Jason slides his fingers against the bedspread anxiously. Craig remained silent for a bit but gave in, "Okay... Just leave them at the door, and I'll get it..."Craig let out a crooked sigh in hesitation. That didn't help Jason feel any less of a burden.

Jason hated the request enough, but he wasn't blowing his money on hand hoes and rubber gloves.

Jason carefully got himself out of the bed, leaving no sounds of movement from the bed. He first got some shoes on, the teal high tops gave his favorite boots a break for once as he started getting his jacket on, just before picking up the box of gardening supplies, he got a look from under his bed.

He slid the box from under his bed and took one knife.

He placed the Swiss Army knife in his jacket pocket and went back to grabbing the gardening supplies.

He carefully cracked his door open. He knew how loud doors got when it was night. Then again, maybe neither his dad nor Eleanor would care if he stepped out of his room.

As expected, the door creeked loudly, but Jason was quick to close it.

Mr.Durchdenwald and Eleanor stayed in their room, Jason doubted they were awake, and he doubted they'd notice or care he went out.

He knew he wasn't going to hear a masculine deep and angered voice screaming 'Jasaginae' or a feminine voice with a thick accent yelling 'Jasagine' mixing up the names of Jason and Mr.Durchdenwald's father.