chapter thirty-nine

Start from the beginning

"And is!" Tyke yelled, making them bust out laughing.

"They are fucking characters." Aziel laughed along with the other people.

"School is going to be so boring for the next two years." A girl spoke.

"I should've gone after Ezra when I first saw him; now he got a girlfriend."

"Girl, it doesn't even matter. Everyone knows couples always break up during college. I don't even think they are together now."

"Dumb and dumber, that's your answer right there." Indigo pointed at Ezra and Haven hugging rocking back and forth. 

"Stop being so mean." Genesis popped her, chuckling.

"Our last senior to present has been accepted to every eight Ivy League schools, as well as top private schools such as Duke, Stanford, MIT, etc. He has even been accepted to colleges outside the US, including the University of Oxford, Cambridge, and Melbourne. He has been the only student ever since 1948 to maintain a 4.0 GPA; since his freshmen year, his GPA is now at 5.2. Keygan has been in multiple clubs, such as mentoring youth at juvenile facilities all over the city, club UN, and debate, and helped take our school to the football state championship four years in a row. Keygan?"

"He extra as fuck, ain't even do allat for me." Tyke smacked his teeth as people cheered. "I was on the debate club, too."

"Don't be a hater." Haven chuckled. "Let's go, Key!"

Flaire looked up from her phone as she gently clapped; she was so proud of Keygan. One thing Keygan never played with was school; he took it very seriously.

"I don't like public speaking, y'all know that." He chuckled nervously as he looked around, stopping at his mother crying. "Then my mother crying, not making it any better."

Ezra and Tyke stood up, going to stand behind him to give him some motivation. Tyke touched his shoulder, telling him to keep going on.

"I-I'm not up here to do no speech or nothing, but I'm very, uh, very thankful for all the opportunities that have been provided. Imma just get down to it." He nervously smiled as his voice was shaky.

"Aww, he's so nervous," Haven mumbled to Flaire.

Flaire wanted to go on the stage and talk for him; he looked like he would have a panic attack. She sat up, trying to decide if she was going to the stage or not.

"I- I decided I'm going to major in English literature and minor in co-communication and philosophy." He stuttered nervously.

"You got this," Ezra told him.

"Fuck them, bro. Look down if you getting too nervous," Tyke told him.

"Out of the fifty-six schools I've b-been accepted to, I've chosen the University of Sterling." He said, making people look at him confused as Flaire's eyes got big. "I've chosen a school that can offer me the education I want and the girl I need. There's no such thing as perfect, but Aziel, you made the perfect girl for me."

Flaire covered her mouth, and tears welled in her eyes. He made direct eye contact with her, making everybody else look at her. He walked down from the stage as she stood up, meeting him halfway; she jumped into his arms, holding him tightly as he did the same.

"Keygan." She whined into his shoulder, hiding her ugly crying face.

"I will never have you thinking you're single again."

"Keygan." She sobbed into his shoulder.

He walked her out of the gym because they obviously needed privacy.