“Senator Bail Organa” Mace explained. 

“Did he know?” Rose questioned, moving from the doorway revealed Gregor, Thorn, Dusty and Duster, all four of them frowning as Howzer caught them up but then realised the four of them already knew which had the older man frowning.

“No, he did not…” Sheila said in a sad tone. 

“So the man has been suffering wondering where his baby boy went and you guys thought it was right to lie about…” 

“Cody shut up! You know nothing about this and the sacrifices we had to make in order for this to happen!” It was Rex who had burst out on the former commander who only glared. 

“Sacrifices! You ruined people’s lives!” Fives yelled, his tone angry as he stood up glaring at those opposite him, “Let me guess some big mafia family was going to kill you all if you had told us” he sarcastically said. 

“Not exactly” Echo said with a grimace, Fives rolled his eyes holding Crosshair tightly to his chest since Hunter had stood up with Cody, both of them furious. 

“Then do explain before I die of old age here” Fox snarled out. Wolffe remained silent analysing his brothers, both Rex and Jesse looked ashamed but proud at the same time. Kix on the other hand was trying not to break down, his face kept twisting as Jesse held him tightly trying to ground his partner. Kix and Jesse could only sigh, both of their heads turned to look at Obi-wan who tried to smile the best he could but it wasn’t reassuring. 

“If we didn’t do as we were ordered. The Queen of the country would come and destroy our lives at the flick of a switch. So we did as ordered and made sure our loved ones were safe. Cody the queen used you a lot so Obi-wan, Tech and Echo didn’t have much of a choice. Even I didn’t especially since we are basically cousins” Mace explained, his eyes firm but stern. 

“Screw that! If you were a so-called family you would have told us and you never know my contacts would have been able to help!” Cody yelled back, his argument blunt but true. 

“We know that now but how much do you actually trust your contacts especially when Cody isn’t even your actual name!” Obi-wan argued, Cody glared back at him while his hand felt a buzz in his pocket. He pulled out his phone only to frown at the number. 

“This isn’t over…” Cody muttered, leaving the room to answer his phone. Obi-wan sighed, looking at Crosshair who remained blank. Wrecker had now moved over to his side to try and snap the young man out of his trance. 

“So, are you saying your funerals, deaths…everything that has happened was meant to happen?” Rose asked, staring down at her siblings who shared looks. She had found out they only knew after receiving a letter in the post after their parent’s deaths, she didn’t get one due to her closeness with Crosshair which would have compromised the mission. 

“Yes with the exception of the batch or anyone close to them being in hospital. That was natural causes, everything else was planned because in all faith we couldn’t compromise the mission. Someone who we have searched for a long time, was coming after Crosshair who needed protection from afar. Even most of the elite squad and military who interacted with Crosshair over the years was to be part of the plan. Originally Cody was meant to be told but when we noticed the way the two interacted Obi-wan pulled the plug on that idea” Sheila explained, she took a seat as her legs felt strange. Ahsoka walked into the room only to help her mother who suddenly wasn’t feeling too clever. 

Come to think of it, something didn’t feel right. 

“Hunter…” 

The man whipped around to see Crosshair struggling to keep his eyes open.