Chapter 10

For the rest of the night, Crosshair remained awake while his twin, who said he would stay up, slept in his lap. Not that Crosshair could blame him since Tech had work in the morning. Speaking of which, the marksman expertly slipped out of Techs arms and moved over to the front door. Quietly he opened it and found himself watching the sun rise, looking at the clock it read 04:30am. He sighed to himself as he relooked over his hospital letter, the one that was the final straw to his marriage. To be fair, Crosshair couldn't blame Hunter, who wanted to love a broken person anyway. It was probably for the best. He just hoped his unborn child survived, Crosshair hoped the child lived a long life full of love and hope. He just couldn’t fail this one, if it was the last breath he had, call him dramatic but he would give it to his unborn child. Crosshair felt like he wouldn’t be able to survive another loss.

Since he didn't have any work for a few days, he decided to go work on his equally broken car in the barn. The one his twin told him to scrap but he just couldn't, it was his mothers according to 99. A couple of years back while Crosshair was working on it, he took it to the garage only for it to swerve off the road by a drunk driver hitting it. The car was shattered but Crosshair refused to throw it out, instead in his spare time he put it back together. The car was a Chevrolet Impala 1954, it was a silver colour.

Hidden by the tarp Crosshair smirked as he climbed over a few boxes to get to it. Since he wasn't going to sleep anytime soon, he changed into his paint/mechanic clothes and got to work. He noticed a few boxes to the side had his name on it meaning the parts had arrived. Quickly opening it, Crosshair got to work taking apart the engine, it was like child's play to him. He grew up on cars, his twin preferred newer technology and was fascinated by it which dubbed him the nickname, Tech. While Crosshair was brought up on the older stuff and he preferred it over the newer stuff. It also helped his daily life but over the years he had to adapt to life as it took a more modern turn. He wasn't just a marksman, he was a mechanic, decorator/artist, paramedic and a business owner. On top of that he was a brother and father in a sense.

Unknown to him a few hours had passed, "Crosshair, you in here?" Hera's soft voice broke through his train of thoughts. Quickly pulling himself from under the car and putting the tarp back on. He took his gloves off and jumped over the boxes surprising Hera who stood there with a worried face.

"What can I do for you?" Crosshair asked, pulling his overalls off. Leaving him in his jeans and Hunters hoodie from last night. "I would ask the others but there would just be questions. But with you, it's easier. Can we stop by the graveyard before school please?" Hera asked with a wobbly smile. Kneeling down Crosshair wrapped her in his arms, she sank into them. It took a minute for him to realise it was Eleni Syndulla's birthday today and of course the woman had raised Hera despite the odd fact that the woman kidnapped Hera. She was still her mother in a sense almost like the way Omega was Crosshairs daughter.

"Yeah, we can. I've been meaning to drop by my father's plaque as well" Hera smiled at Crosshairs words, she gave him a brief hug before she ran for the house. Crosshair shook his head, closing the barn door behind him.

He would have to take Techs car since the others claimed the motorbike wasn't suitable for School drop off. Crosshair just rolled his eyes whenever it got mentioned. Looking at his watch, Crosshair sighed as he walked into the house, passed the others and up the stairs to get changed and pack a few things. He would get them when he came back. His plan was to live at his father's house until he sold it or if he ever did since it was in his name. Crosshair actually planned to give it to Tech and Echo since the two mentioned moving out of the crowded House. 

But, Wrecker mentioned he could build them a house if they wanted, so the two were still deciding on what to do but the offer of Father's house was still there. It was a lakeside house which was quite big. Looking at his clock it read 07:30, he had to get the kids to school in an hour and a half. He had plenty of time to do so he made his way downstairs after getting changed.