Chapter 1 - First Day Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Yup. I can't let my kids fail ," she states proudly. Someone calls Beth over and she turns around and then looks back at us. "I'll see you guys around." she walks away, her ponytail swinging side ways.

" I'm so glad I didn't take her remedial," Reese mutters, not letting anyone hear it except for the three of us.

We've been best friends since fourth grade. We are known as "the geeks" or "the outsiders" as the students of Desden High School would like to call us. There's always some drama going on. It's either the romantic couples, heartbreak, cat fights between the populars, jealous girls, guys fighting over money, parties that go on forever, and last but not least, bullying the defenseless.

You've probably heard stories about people in America getting bullied in high schools because they were either too smart or belonged to the lower class. The upper classmen or the middle class would do that to them, they needed homework, somebody's lunch although they are already filthy rich and can buy their own, or they did it just for the sake of the show. The worst thing that has ever happened was when James, one of our classmates who was a very nice person might I add, committed suicide for constant bullying by the rich and popular. Ever since, I got more angrier and aggressive towards them and I started standing up for those who need it, for the bullied.

I was done with the shy, quiet girl who would lie to her parents about the scars she had l. Now, I'm better. I never felt better for standing up for the kids. Now, I was confident.

People start giving me glares as I walk through our class. People who I spoke back to or those who I've embarrassed. Well, it's not my fault they got to be treated the same way they've treated others. What goes around, comes back around. It's Karma.

"I heard that we got a new teacher for Values Education," Clarissa says as we sit at our usual seat by the window on the left side of our classroom where we can view things on the outside. It's beautiful out there.

"I heard she's hot. " Reese smirks. I slap his muscular arm. He glares at me and starts massaging the area with his other hand. I earned a dirty look from him once he noticed that his skin turned red. "You're a monster," Reese grumbles.. Although he is acting like he's not hurt, he really is. After years of friendship with him, I know when he's lying or not. And he is definitely not lying.

"I was trying to take it easy on you," I say, feeling guiltily now. I rub my hands against the material of my ripped pants.

"Cassy, seriously, if you don't get rid of those pants, I'm totally taking over your closet," Clarissa says, she watches us with an amused smirk and then frowns on my attire.

"Hey! I like these jeans! They're comfortable unlike the skinny jeans that the other girls wear." I complained, rolling my eyes.

"Again, they're -" Reese cuts Clarissa off and proceeds to say things about 'fashion' and 'girl problems'.

"Anyway, where did you hear about the new teacher?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You know, I got a lot of sources," he replies smugly, placing his hands behind his head in an attempt to be cool.

Clarissa rolls her eyes. "Yeah, right." I look at the people behind us as their voices grow louder. It sounds like they are talking about something important.

"I'm calling dibs," One of the basketball players, Nick, says behind us. I watch them as they play 'dibs' on our new teacher. Rumors say that our teacher just graduated college and she's a brunette. Soon enough, the class is filled of rumors about our new teacher. I am already regretting listening into their conversation.

Everything goes silent as the marker screeches against the whiteboard that was right in the middle of the freshly painted yellow walls.

"You're breaking our eardrums, Mrs. Peach," Xavier, the first person who's on my hate list, says as he covers both of his ears and gives her an annoyed look.