Telling the Truth Chap.28

*This Chapter Contains mentions of the events from past Story quests*

A While had passed with many events taking place within Fontaine, The Serial Disppearance case was solved by a Traveler from another world, Fontaine's prophecy also started coming true with unrest and unease growing within the nation with Furina not having an answer on how to solve or prevent It. but eventually Incidents happened within the Fortress of Meropide and Poisson with lots of injuries and those being desolved by the Primordial sea water, you went to aid the efforts for the search and rescue there alongside Navia and the rest of the Spina. you yourself had a close call but you managed to stay safe but were surprised to have been saved by a subordinate of The Knave, but those events were only the beginning of the greatest shock within Teyvant's History...The Hydro Archon was not the Hydro Archon, you stood by as you watched Neuvillette speak to Focalors for the first and last time before she was executed but what's more the Prophecy was fulfilled but the waters receded with the people being free.

Sometime later....

Ever since the throne of Fontaine was destroyed, Neuvillette had taken up more responsibilities and one could say he was In charge of Fontaine's matters or the whole nation for a time now but he wouldn't see himself as the Archon at all. the great power you'd seen Neuvillette display all those days ago never left your mind along with the other events which you wanted to ask about, Furina was now living a normal mortal life In her own home now and she tried to apologize to you for putting you beneath her so long ago but you just hugged her. She had to play that part despite it being painful for so long and you felt awful for her going through all of that, you promised to be there for Furina and continue being her friend no matter what 

*Knock Knock*

you went to Neuvillette's office, It had been a little hard to see him recently but It seemed that things had died down enough for the both of you to talk and or have some private time 

"please come In"

you opened the door and peeked inside to see him, there were several paper's on his desk as you saw him with quill in hand but as soon as he saw you a smile came to his face 

"It's you, come make yourself comfortable dear"

you smiled with a nod as you then walked across the room to his desk, "I hope I'm not disturbing you Lettie"

"Not at all, I've missed you very much"

Neuvillette put down his quill and stood up before he came around to your side, you hugged him and shared a long kiss but then your questions about days past returned to your mind

"Lettie...there's something I have to ask you"

he put his arm to your waist, "Go right ahead"

you started, "Well...the power you showed at the Opera Epiclese that day, what did Lady Focalors mean about the part you played for four hundred years?"

Neuvillette paused, "....."

"Lettie are you...Immortal?" you asked

Neuvillette sighed, "Yes...In a word I am, I'm sorry for not telling you the truth sooner but I shall tell you now"

you gave your full attention to him, "I'm listening"

"I am, one of the Dragon Sovereigns...the Hydro Dragon, well actually their successor"

your eyes widened, "The Hydro Dragon?"

"Yes, I know this may be too fantastic to believe but...It's true, that's why whenever I am sad It tends to start raining just like the legends say...I've been around for Five Hundred years now"

you registered everything he said, "I...I Understand, I believe you...actually"

you looked him in the eyes, "There's always been something otherworldly about you Lettie...something that I couldn't put my finger on, I knew there was something divine...but I didn't think you were the Hydro Dragon"

Neuvillette nodded, "You're perceptive my dear, that's good at least...you had an Idea"

you cupped his cheeks, "Darling...did you...did you also suffer like Furina?"

 "No...but sometimes I held a great loneliness, not to mention seeing those I cared about vanish...like Carole and Vautrin, for the longest time I held deep regret about what happened to them...I even blamed myself for not protecting them better"

you caressed his cheek, "I'm sorry...."

Neuvillette smiled warmly, "There's no need to apologize, all is fine now...everything is going to be alright I promise you"

you smiled, "Alright, I'm relieved"

you rested your head against his chest, "A lot has happened In the past month..."

"Yes, most of them deeply sad and or dispiriting but...now that storm is finally over....".