Arguments Chap.19

You were taken away from Palais Mermonia and to the Fortress of Meropide where you were under strict watch, but it was by non other than Wriothesley himself who had the gardemeks not only watch but also protect you In secret from anyone radical who may try to hurt you. not too long after you were taken to Wriothesley who was going to Interrogate you beforehand 

"Well, Miss (Y/n) what do you have to say for yourself?"

you were standing with your hands bound behind you still, "I'm Innocent, I would never plot anything to harm Lady Furina...your grace, you know me just like Neuvillette"

Wriothesley looked you in the eye, "I do, and I don't believe you'd do something like this but right now I have to fulfill my duties as the Warden...not as your friend, but the Gardes got a tip from someone of the nobility that you roped her into buying the poison for you"

you furrowed your brows, "What?"

he sighed, "Yeah"

you started, "But why and who?"

"I don't know the motives behind the accusation or why you're having a crime pinned on you, but the woman In question you've met her before at the Masquerade ball"

you started thinking back, and then realized "It can't be..."

the woman who spoke to you and Neuvillette, prodding at him being the most eligible bachelor In Fontaine she was a Countess who's name was Lady Claire. It then all clicked in your mind

"But why? why would she do this...I've never angered or had any dealings with her"

Wriothesley turned, "really? from what she said you'd been sending her threat letters"

you sat in pure shock not knowing what to say, but you did nothing that he'd just said 

you started, "Your Grace, I...I don't know what else to say"

"Alright, then tell me this have you chosen an Attorney?"

you nodded, "Yes, Spina Di Rosula's Miss Navia"

"Hm Alright I'm sure the gardes have sent her a request, knowing her she must've started Investigating"

you did indeed know Navia must be right on things about now, you had no more reason to worry at all and you believed that she'd pull through to prove your Innocence. You were soon taken away to where you'd be held overnight but along the way you started to think of Neuvillette.

At Palais Mermonia, Neuvillette had dispatched the Marchaussee Phantom to Investigate but he too personally went to do some Investigating on his own despite Furina's pleas 

"Neuvillette!"

he let out a sigh as he turned to see Furina In his office, she then marched to his desk 

"what're you doing" she asked

he kept silent, "......."

Furina furrowed her brows, "You're Investigating too aren't you"

Neuvillette opened his eyes, "It's nothing you need trouble yourself with...Lady Furina"

"I can't believe you! has your conscious gone out the window...no one is above the law and that Includes the one you hold so dear, remember you're to be Impartial"

Neuvillette stood up, "I am aware, but we're not In the court yet so what's the need for me to be Impartial right this minute"

"My dear Ludex, she tried to poison me"

he looked her the eye, "Do you really think she'd do something like that, not to mention with the poison being found amongst her belongings...It could have been planted by anyone"

Furina was stunned, "I...well...but the Macaron's were poisoned!"

"Even so, you cannot just jump to the conclusion that (Y/n) is guilty" he stated 

"What on earth's happened to you Neuvillette, I haven't seen you this emotional since what happened to Carole and Vautrin"

Neuvillette clenched his fists, "Those two...It was a sacrifice that didn't need to be made, nor will this one, Carole and Vautrin weren't only my subordinates but those I cared about and now...."

Furina soon realized, "Don't tell me...you've fallen In love with your aid haven't you"

his eyes widened a little as some color came to his ears, he then brushed past Furina 

"Even If I am, Believe me...I won't let It sway my decisions In the Court, but I already know that she Is Innocent".