17╰┈➤NAMJOON

Mulai dari awal

"No. If it helps, it's Saturday. You can never be in trouble on a Saturday or Sunday."

She nodded and he lowered himself to catch a glimpse of her downcast eyes. Her hair parted away from her face and he skimmed her light lashes, her nose, her full cheeks. She turned, more red hair.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"To talk." He faces her back.

"About?"

"Nothing.." A shrug. "Everything." She was hard to talk to. The type to make someone suffocate in their own curiosity and burst out boring, blunt questions. "What is your favorite coulor?" Such as an example. The back of his neck flushed in embarrassment.

"What?"

He must be mistaken, but her shoulders quaked as if in a laugh.

"I'm guessing red?" He continued striding close to her. She didn't move.

"No."

"What is it?" His voice is beside her. They stood side by side, Sora tilting her body away from him, him facing his body towards her, chasing her gaze which she relentlessly steers anywhere and everywhere but on him.

"Purple."

Purple.

"It doesn't...It's hard to imagine you in purple."

"I don't wear purple."

"Exactly."

"I don't have to wear my favorite color."

"Right. Right. Of Course not." He awkwardly nodded, feeling uncomfortable at the creeping silence.

"Do you have any friends?" He stiffened. Something changed. He doesn't know what but he is aware that he struck a nerve. Her body stilled. There is more distance between them.

"That's none of your concern."

"I can show you around if you want–"

"I'm not new."

"If you need company–"

"I don't."

"I want to be your friend."

"I don't."

It unexpectedly sliced him.

"Why not? I'm fun."

"Exactly."

"I'm only ..." He runs his fingers through his hair, wiping off sweat as he did so. " It's only friendship."

Silence.

She turns and leaves. He reaches for her, retracts his hand and mutters something under his breath.

____________________

It's only friendship.

Friendship

The word tuggles at her brain, bounces left and right, buzzing in her ear; she doesn't hear Namjoon speak beside her.

Friendship.

Friendship?

With Jimin?

The picture doesn't look right. Pretentious. Ridiculous. She scoffed. Friendship?

She doubles over, another convulsion ripples through her gut. She gags again. Namjoon gathered her hair in a loose bun, his palm soothingly moving up and down her back. The retches come and go for a solid five minutes, painfully emptying her stomach.