Chapter 28

"I hate this."

Miles displayed another one.

"That's terrible."

Lucas showed the one in his hands.

"Oh my goodness– are you people trying to ruin my date?!"

"You find something then!"

"They're–!" Bose sighed and lowered his voice into a sad whisper. "They're all not good enough for her." He run his hands through his hair.

Lucas sat down next to Bose and talked, his slight palatal lisp getting the best of him. "Bro, you think everything is not good enough for her."

"I just want it to be perfect." Bose sulked.

"If she chose you, she's not looking for perfect." Lucas chuckled.

Miles stabbed the area on Lucas' thigh that's near his knee, with the pole for reaching high places. The fact that Miles was standing, and Lucas was sitting made it easier for the hit. "Watch it, that's my career, bruv."

Lucas rubbed his knee, groaning slightly. He also hoped that it would go away soon because he had soccer practise the following day.

"Look, what I mean is that you're not exactly the 'all-round, perfect boy'—let alone 'boyfriend'—material."

Bose furrowed his eyebrows, looking questionably at Lucas.

"Where are you going with this?" Miles asked on his behalf.

"It means she likes you for what's on the inside." He spoke a little louder than he sould so as to make the emphasis that he was going somewhere good to both of them. "For who you are." He pointed at Bose and glared at Miles. "So don't worry about looks. I mean presentation is really important but don't let it blind you, lad."

"Makes sense." He noded, looking momentarily at the stacks and rows of outing ware. "You're smart all of a sudden."

"I don't know." Lucas started to sound concerned, brushing the tips of his medium lengthened, curled, caramel hair. "When I said she wasn't looking for perfect, I meant to make fun of you." He placed his hand on Bose's shoulder with worried eyes. "Then I don't what came over me."

"Christmas spirit?"

Bose smirked. "Thanks." He layed out his fist to which Lucas happily bumped back.

"Hey, Lucas, could you sponsor and buy this for me?" Miles displayed an elegant blue suit.

Lucas scoffed. "Not even Christmas spirit can make me that nice."

Bose and Lucas chuckled as Miles smirked nodding his head. 'Okay. Okay', he kept whispering.

***

The boys laughed. "That's so stupid."

They were in another store where Lucas grabbed a hanger of a short, elegant, dark emerald green dress and placed it infront of his body, and a mask over his eyes, pouting and shifting poses. "I'd make an ausome girl." He chuckled finally placing them down.

Miles simply nudged the boy.

Bose's phone vibrates quietly and he picks up the call from Mika. "Hey, what's up?"

Miles turned to Bose with a suit in hand, "how about this one?"

It was stupid of them to go last minute shopping and they knew that. Only, they—being Bose and Miles—desperately wanted to do it together but whenever one had the opportunity the other didn't and eventually they forgot. It took the ultimate last minute guy, Lucas ofcourse, to ask them if they had bought something because he hadn't. And when they realised they hadn't, Lucas immediately joined in the search.

Bose's face suddenly run cold and he looked agitated in the slightest bit. He took a look at his friends and told them he'd be back. Sharply and steadily maneuvering through the isles all because she mentioned something about Chapa. Once out, he held the phone firmly by his ear.

"Why? What about?"

Bose's eyebrows arched upwards in a state of sorrow. If he wasn't completely sad, he was partially happy. Partially happy because Chapa was stressing over the same thing he was. And hearing it from Mika on Chapa's point if view made him realise how ridiculous it was. So ridiculous it was cute.

A small smile began to form on his face.

"Are you with her?"

His smile grew. "Great. Can you give her the phone please?"

Bose's eyes closed briefly when the other voice echoed in his head. "Hi!" He said louder than he should have. Making him cover his mouth and the girl on the other side giggle.

"What's going on?" He cleared his throat. "Mika says you're stressing?" He asked playfully, shoving his hand down his pocket.

He hummed. "You know that's stupid right?"

He earned another laugh from her and an agreement as well.

"I mean it."

Bose looked into the store where he formerly was. "Uhh can I tell you a secret?" He coughed a little. Not fully recovered from his throat issue. "Between you and me...and the boys," he chuckled, "I...was kinda stressing out too."

He smiled from her reply. "No, I uh I was just–just— I wasn't even stressing that much, I mean— look, I—"

Bose placed his hand in his Jean pocket and his feet just started to slowly move. He didn't know where he was going, he just was.

"Sounds alright. Deal." He smiled. "Don't you just feel better now after talking to me?" He gasped exaggeratedly and now his hand was pressing against his chest. Then he laughed. "Okay. I'll see you later then...." he bit his lip. He had so much to say within such little time. The urge to say those those three innocent yet very powerful set of words consumed him deeply. But he figured now wouldn't be the right time. And saying over the phone; how is he supposed to see her reaction? How is he supposed to make her feel like he really means it? How is he supposed to look into her eyes and hold her hand and nervously but surely utter the words? "...bye."

"Bose? Hey!" Miles called. Bose turned around to see them, pushing his phone in his pocket. "Where are you going?"

"Let's go!" Lucas added, running a hand through his messy curls.

Bose broke into a sprint to get to his guys. "Where are we going now?"

"I don't know, something Lucas said and then we head to Chapa's house. It's getting late." Miles responding, backbenching with Bose as they walked, having Lucas as their leader.

Miles had a plastic in his hands. He had probably found something in the previous shop for him to wear. Lucas, on the other hand had found a suit at the place he was so eager to get to. As for Bose, nothing seemed to spark an interest. It's funny how he was the first to begin looking for a suit—since the early December!—and he still hasn't found anything!

On their drive to Chapa's house, Bose realised that his house is on the way to The Orchard. After getting the girls, he could quickly stop by his house and get something from his father's closet. Simple in and out. It didn't sound bad.

He just hopes the others won't mind that.