Chapter 21

Bose?

Bose.

"Bose!" Sound slowly faded back to him. "We have to find her. Let's go."

Bose wiped his tears lazily and was the first out the door. Where he was running to, he didn't know. He just wanted to find Chapa and make things right. There was no way that their friendship was going to end because of Christmas. How ironic could that be? And just when he realised how much he loves her and needs her in his life.

She doesn't have a car nor can she teleport. So she couldn't have gone far.

They split up. Miles took the lower ground, Mika searched around the area, Ray worked the security cameras and Bose took higher ground.

After what felt like millions and millions and millions of years, he heard what sounded like faint sobs coming from behind bushes.

He pushed through silently and there she was. He smiled; he finally found her. But his smile was weary and on a sad face; she was crying. She was crouched up and hid her face between her arms and legs.

"...Chapa?"

Chapa inhaled sharply. "Don't. take another step!" She lifted her arm and sparked, keeping her face down. "I will hurt you." She said firmly.

"But I won't." Bose softly breathed. "Atleast, not again."

With thousands of voices ringing in her head, one stirked through the rest and slid out her mouth. "I hate you!"

Bose watched Chapa wearily get up. Trying to knock out the sentence from his head, he said, "you don't mean that. I know you don't."

"Ofcourse I don't! I don't even hate what you guys did at all! Infact, I thought it was so sweet of you guys!" Chapa's chest moved up and down insecurely correspondingly to her unstable breathing. "I hate the fact that you had to do it!"

"What do you mean?"

"Because of my stupid belief in something that probably isn't real!...I bet you don't think I'm cool anymore." She turned around.

"What? So that's what it's about?" Bose smiled softly. "Oh my god, you scared me." He breathed, closing his eyes and sighing.

Chapa whipped her head back. What the hell is he talking about?

"I thought it was super serious."

Chapa's eyes shot open. "Yeah, its not serious at all." She murmured.

"No, no, I didn't mean it like that." He sat down besides her and crouched his legs as well. "I mean, you're cool."

The twins appear from the back and sit near Bose and Chapa. "Real cool!"

"Coolest person I know!"

"See? They know it too. It's not gonna change just because you believe in something I don't." Bose lay his head on Chapa's shoulder. "Its not always about being cool, you know. And besides! A wise person told me if they love you, don't change for the people unless it's for anyone."

Chapa giggled. "No, Bose, I told you that people should love you for who you are; don't change for anyone."

"Yes that. Chapa, your admiration for Santa is adorable..." Bose said more dreamily than he should have. He intently stopped himself from talking to prevent himself from involuntarily complimenting her again non stop.

"Sure it is...silly-" Mika felt a sharp sting on her elbow, from a cold blow Miles gave her. "-but I think it's part of what makes you...you."

"I'm...sorry for...shouting at you guys," she awkwardly apologized. "And uh...I guess I...I could try not to...bother you with uh...my...obsession."