Chapter 26

It didn't take much to escalate into a heated argument, Alejandra's buttons were already far pushed.

Chapa knew that if she wanted to continue talking to Bose, she had to either have her parents argue in another room or stop the argument there and then.

If she had them argue in another room, it will lead to Alejandro sitting in a corner around dinner time, with his arms crossed and Alejandra by passing him with a tray of food, going to feed her two children—completely ignoring him. Then Alejandro would have to beg for forgiveness and promise to never cause an argument about whatever stupid thing they argued about.

Chapa doesn't have time for that.

Second option it is.

Chapa stood up and stood in between her parents.

"Gu-guys. Guys. G-guys- guys!" She caught their attention. "Mom, listen to dad. If he thinks he has a good idea, you have to hear him out."

"Yes!"

"Bu-!"

"Mom."

Alejandra sighed.

"And dad, stop suggesting stupid ideas to mom unless they're well thought of and actually might work. We've talked about this." Chapa's face fell droopy.

Alejandra hummed in response and her husband looked down.

"Are we good?" Chapa asked both her parents.

They both sighed deeply and apologised at the same time. "I'm sorry."

"Great!" Chapa picked up the tray her mother had left on the side table by the wall and took it to Bose. "And this is for you." The tray contained a mug with a thick brown liquid, a half cup of water and a lozenge that Bose accepted greatfully.

When Chapa turned around as she was going to sit, she saw her parents leaving the room while laughing. She smiled and began to pay attention to Bose now. Remembering she was guessing possible girls to fit the number 20 position.

With her legs curled on the chair, hugging a pillow, she asked Bose, "So you've kissed every girl on your kiss list apart from number 20?"

Bose nodded his head, smelling the liquid in the mug in his hands and grimaced before taking a small sip.

"Cool." She mentally cursed herself for that awkward response.

"Is it Michelle?"

Lol. Michelle. She's nice and all but really? Michelle?

Bose scribbled in his book. Displaying the words to Chapa when he was done.

 Displaying the words to Chapa when he was done