Chapter 8

"Here. Thank you so much." Mika added as Miles handed out a flyer and they continued walking.

Chapa-- so devastated and drenched and just fatigued-- said, "I so wish I was Bose right now."

"You don't even know where he is." Miles pointed out.

"I know he's not here and I envy that."

Mika rolled her eyes. "You're being lazy."

"It's cold! I wanna be at home, in the comfort of my blankets, drinking hot cocoa and watching...videos. Yeah, videos."

"What videos?" Miles- who thought she sounded really sus- asked.

Mika, totally changing the subject due to not being concerned at all, asked, "Then why did you come here to help?"

"Because I'm trying to be nice!" She defended herself. Then reached down to her pocket and got a cookie from a small plastic. When she placed it in her mouth, she almost hurled but swallowed it.

So gross.

"...Why?" Miles asked.

"My granny made these cookies. They're as nasty as my grandpa. But I told her they were lovely and I'd eat them all. It's the nice thing to do."

"The right thing to do is tell her the truth." Mika advised.

"I said the 'nice thing' not 'right thing'."

There was silence for a while.

After Chapa had swallowed the last piece of hell in the plastic, she looked to her friends.

Miles gave out another flyer and so did Mika to a different person.

"If I invented a game right? And there's a mystery person," Chapa started. "Let's say the mystery person is Miles and no one knows that apart from me." She started slow. Hoping her friends were following. "Do you think I'd deny everyone who asked who the mystery person is?"

"If you want to keep the mystery person a secret then ofcourse, yeah." Mika answered.

"And if some smart person trying to figure out who the mystery person is, heard Miles ask me if he were the mystery person and I said no. Could they put Miles on the list of suspects to be the mystery person?"

Miles, completely confused, didn't say a word.

"I don't know-- why are you asking this? What are you even saying?" Mika asked.

"It's nothing, I--" Chapa's phone rang. She picked up and placed her phone by her ear. "What?"

"I'm fine thank you for asking." The boy sarcastically said.

"What do you want?"

"For starters, knowing how you are and if you'd like to greet me?"

"Right, sorry. Hi Bose, how are you?"

"I'm terrible!"

Chapa looked to the left corner of both her eyes. Trying her hardest not to roll them.

"I was sent to Mexico for the entire weekend!"

"Mexico? To do what?" Chapa, completely shocked, asked.

"I forgot to send my grandmother a postcard and as punishmet, I'd either go to Mexico for the weekend or spend christmas in Hawaii! Can you believe my parents?!" Bose whined over the phone.

Mika and Miles, who were overhearing most of the conversation, exchanged shoked looks.

"How is that a bad thing?"