Chapter 9

"Wait, wait, stop," Chapa stopped Miles' hands from squeezing any tighter. "This doesn't feel right."

"Yeah, you're right," Miles agreed. "We should use water instead!"

And the fight continued.

Ever since they were locked in the room, they've been playing a sort of war with toothpaste. Before Miles could squeeze the last toothpaste bottle in the direction he hoped was Chapa's face, they decided to change to a water war.

Miles found the sink and started splashing water in all directions. Chapa found the shower hose and sprayed it in all possible directions.

Lucky for them, the bathroom was furthest from Angela and Herm's bedroom. So their cheers weren't exactly heard.

Meanwhile, outside the bathroom...

"How long has it been?"

"10 seconds since the last time you asked." Mika rubbed her temples. "Why are you so insecure about this?"

"I-I'm not. I'm just worried. They could get hurt or something. I mean, 7 minutes in the dark? That's a death wish if you ask me."

Mika rolled her eyes. "Move away from the tv. I can't see Joshua Bassett's face clearly."

Bose furrowed his eyebrows in disgust and sat down. Folding his arms, he mumbled what sounded like gibberish.

Not so long after, the timer Mika set on her phone rang and marked the end of the 7 minutes.

"Yes!" In the speed of light, Bose dashed to the bathroom and opened the door and switched on the light. "Time's up."

He found them and the bathroom soaking wet. Not to mention the bathroom curtain was droopy and the room was messed up completely.

"What were you two doing in here?" Bose curiously asked.

"Toothpaste war." Miles answered, walking out of the room first.

"Then water war." Chapa added, following Miles behind.

Mika came along, "How was– holy sheep! What did you do to the bathroom?"

"Alot." Miles and Chapa simultaneously responded, diving on the chairs.

"Now you're speaking simultaneously, how long has that been going on?" Bose furrowed his eyebrows and threw his arms in the air disconcertingly.

"You're gonna need this when cleaning up." Chapa tossed Mika a sponge that she had in her pocket for some reason.

"Okay so, it's time for the next round of '7–"

Chapa interrupted Mika, "Who wants to play video games?"

"Yeah." "Ofcourse."

"But Bose, don't you want a–"

"Video games. Video games." Chapa started a chant.

Then the boys joined in. "Video games! Video games! Video games! Video games! V–"

"I hear peeping!" Angela shouted from her room.

The boys and their leader whispered, "Video games. Video games. Video games."

They sat on the chair and switched on Miles' console.

***

"When is it gonna be my turn?" Bose whined.

"You'll get my controller. Just as soon as I die." Chapa said.

A sound of a girl falling and a hard crash was heard.