Chapter 2

The ringing sound of the phone pierced her ears. She had been listening to music full blast before the phone rang.

She was dancing too. And on the stairs as she climbed to get to her room.

It made her more mad just thinking about how her foot almost slipped on the last step.

If those rails weren't there, let's just say she would've woken up in a bright room near a woman in white the next morning.

She clasped her phone and was a 100% ready to scream the face off the person who called her.

Suddenly her anger disappeared when she saw the caller.

"Good morning. How are ya?" The caller asked.

"I'm great Bose. How are you?" Chapa jumped on her bed.

"I'm alright. I--"

"Hey! Are you free today?" Chapa bit the bottom of her lip.

"Uh..."

Bose thought for a moment and the line was silent. "Yeah sure...what's up?"

"Wanna hang out later?" She asked sweetly.

"Ofcourse. Want me to pick you up?"

"If it's fine with you."

"I'll be there in 15. Bye." Bose cut the line.

***

Chapa zipped downstairs and almost bumped into her mom.

"Woah, slow down honey. Where're you going?" Alejandra asked her.

Sage intervened, "Chapa's going out with Bose."

"Oh." Alexandra slightly smiled.

"N-Not exactly--"

Almost everyone in the Desilva Residence heard the horn of Bose's car.

"See ya." Chapa dashed out of the house.

Bose drew the window down and took off his shades dramatically. "Sup."

Chapa chuckled. "Shades? In winter?"

"For dramatic effect."

Chapa rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Can I come in?"

Bose unlocked the car doors. "Sure."

There was a feel of awkward silence in the car. Bose keeped his eyes on the road and Chapa stared out her window.

To break the silence, she cleared her throat.

A little too excessively.

Bose glanced at her and back to the road. "Where are we going though?"

Chapa's eyes widened and she looked at Bose. "I thought you had a plan.

"But you asked if I was busy. You asked if we could hang out. You wanted this more than I did." He pointed out.

"You called me." She made her point. "And I'd remember that even if I didn't want to...you ruined my musical moment." She added lightly.