Chapter 11

"But, but how? Why?" Mika paced about in SWAG. "What have I been missing?"

"Just accept it, Mika," Chapa smirked. "You're gonna get a headache."

"My head already aches! Might as well find out the full truth!" She left.

"Where is she going?" Bose asked.

"Let's find out." Everyone followed Mika behind.

In the Man's Nest, Ray was scrolling through EnvyGram; looking at Bose's mom, Celia's posts.

"Ray, about Santa claus," Mika started.

"Ugh, what?"

"Can we meet him?"

"Pfft. You're just wasting your time. Right, Ray?" Chapa asked

"Y-Yeah. Chapa's right. Just rela-"

"Don't tell me to relax. I just found out I was wrong for following science. Science. I will NOT relax." Mika fussed.

Chapa walked through the sliding door, humming a lovely tune, leaving the rest behind.

Ray sighed. "Thank god she's gone."

"Why?" Bose furrowed his eyebrows.

Ray watched the door. "I have a confession."

"Wh-what-?"

"I don't know Santa." Ray admitted.

Miles almost lost balance, Mika's jaw dropped and Bose dramatically gasped.

"And I don't even think he exists."

Same reaction all over again. Just...more exaggerated.

"I was only joking at first but then it sort of got out of hand and she looked so happy so I couldn't tell her."

"'Sort of'?"

"Well, you can't tell her now. She'll be crushed!" Bose said.

Mika stepped forward. "But if we don't, when she finds out, she'll be more devastated that we lied to her."

"Why do you guys like putting me in awkward situations?" Bose ran his fingers through his hair.

Just then, Chapa stepped in. Even happier. "Have you settled a date for Santa to come meet us?"

"N-No?"

"How come?"

"Uhh..." they all exchanged looks. "He's busy." Miles said.

"Uh-huh? Anyway, I'm gonna go." Chapa walked awkwardly to the tubes.

"Where're you going?" Bose's curiosity got the best of him.

Ray poked his ribs harshly. "Let her leave." He whispered.

"Oh uhh," she prolonged the 'uh' in order to think of an excuse but she couldn't think of anything.

"You're going to see the mall Santa, aren't you?" Miles asked.

"My job!" Mika placed her hands at the sides of her head.

"Down the-" Chapa tried to escape but her friends chased after her. They ended up going down the tube all together and Ray was left alone yet again.

They hopped into Bose's car and and drove back to the mall.

***

"Who's going to babysit Chapa?" Miles asked Bose.

Chapa was so focussed on the fat man just a few people away from her, not to mention in her own world. But not too deep that she got snapped out of imagination when she heard this. "'Babysit Chapa'? I don't need a babysitter. I'm like, the most mature one here." She abruptly shrugged her shoulders to prove her point.