Chapter 29

Chapa looked at herself in the mirror, smiled a little but dropped it. The shake in her hands made it almost impossible to unzip the dress. One of the many dresses she was trying on to find the perfect fit.

She double blinked. Triple blinked. Looked up. Quadruple blinked. Looked back at the mirror. She couldn't deny the blackness that was taking over her sight from the corner of her eyes.

Her chest lifted up and down too visibly.

Mika hadn't noticed though. She hadn't noticed anything. Chapa has trying to supress the feeling of dread and anxiety since she got to The Orchad to arrange things little before Mika arrived to take her home.

"Can I have some water?" Chapa asked softly and slowly, avoiding stuttering.

"Sure."

Mika walked out of the door and gasped.

Miles was dressed in a red velvet suit with a black polo neck inside. It matched with his personality; simple but classy. Lucas had on a black suit decorated with a fairly light design. It matched his personality; bubbly and bright. Bose wore his regular clothes. As in clothes that are not a suit. As in the clothes that he went with. As in the clothes he put on this morning from his wardrobe after his shower.

"Don't you guys look dashingly handsome." She danced a little, smiling widely at them. More attentively at Lucas.

Lucas is 15 years old. He has light brown eyes, light brown skin and caramel coloured, medium lengthed, curly hair which he often played with. Twisting it into tiny braids right under his ear or right at the front corner of his head, usually subconsciously. He sort of talked with his tongue. A palatal lisp. He is tall and average body fitted, though more on the muscular side, where as his abs and arms are visibly defined. Captain of the soccer team as well. And is a mix of British and Portuguese. Very very lovely mix.

Also, most importantly, Mika's boyfriend.

Since like...3 days ago.

Lucas bent forward to give her a simple peck on her lips.

Only after did she notice the absence of Bose's formality.

"Bose," she stared. "Where's your suit?"

"I uh...I couldn't find one."

Lucas shook his head and took the boy under his shoulder—being only two inches shorter than him. "Even after my advise, Bose insisted that there was absolutely NOTHING in the stores we went to that he thought looked nice."

Miles put his hands in his pockets and shrugged when Mika turned to him.

Mika surprisingly looked more concerned than the person missing the suit. "What will you do?"

"Mika? Are you talking to someone?" Chapa's voice was heard behind the door that Mika walked out of.

"Yeah. The boys." She responded.

"Please come."

"On my way." Mika turned back to Bose, anxiously waiting for a response.

Bose pursed his lips, feeling slight embarrassment. "I was thinking, since we pass my house on the way to the venue, I could grab something from my dad's closet."

"And if it doesn't fit?"

"I–"

"Mika, I need you!"

Bose grew worried at the urgency of Chapa's voice. He could swear he heard a combination of anxiety and distress. He took a step forward to the door but stopped. Remembering that she called for Mika and not him. So it wasn't in his place to walk in. So he didn't. Even though he really really really wanted to.