Chapter 6

"Are you sure this is the place?" Chapa asked, darting her eyes at the entrance.

"Yup. This is her phone's exact location." Miles answered.

Chapa looked at him perturbly. "You track her phone?"

"After my dad got lost one day, my mom installed a tracking app in all our phones."

"Oh my god, the same thing happened to me!" Bose exclaimed. "Except I got lost." He smiled and shrugged.

"Speaking of which, where's Sage?" Miles looked around.

"Who?" Chapa asked. "I'm sure it's not Sage my sister because Sage my sister is--" She turns around and sees no Sage in sight. She turns 360 degrees. "Where's Sage?"

"I literally asked the exac--"

Bose giggled. "Looks like you need that app."

"Not the right time Bose." Chapa said, looking for her sister. "Where is she?"

Bose tried to answer but kept getting shut down. "Uhm she--" "I think you--" "she's--" so he spun Chapa round and she saw Sage sitted on top of a trash bin.

"What are you doing up there?" Chapa became slightly relieved.

"You made me sit up here and be quiet."

"Why?"

"Because I kept insisting on us talking about your obsession over--"

"Okay! I remember now!" Chapa got Sage down and they walked in.

"So much for being prestigious." Miles said. "So much for being busy." Chapa added.

They surveyed the Animal Shelter. So many cute animals. It drove them crazy. From hamsters to porcupine, from mice to cats, from snakes to dogs. Just so many animals.

"Why are we here?" Bose caressed his hair.

"Apparently, this is Mika's--"

"Prestigious place of work." Bose answered his own question.

"I thought you didn't know why we're here." Chapa's eyes narrowed.

"Oh I knew, I just wanted to say 'prestigious place of work'. He admitted.

"I see Mika. Talking to that guy." Miles pointed.

They turned their heads and spotted Mika laughing and giggling and twirling her hair.

"Forget talking, she's flirting." Chapa grinned.

"Go Mika--!" Bose cheered but Chapa covered his mouth. Unfortunately, it was too late, Mika already heard and turned to face them.

Mika was pretty embarrassed. She tried to ignore them at first but they kept signaling and waving so she had no choice but to excuse herself.

It always has to be this way with my friends.

But she learnt to live with it anyway. What can she do? Change them?

Ha! Not even with the help of Christmas magic.

"I told you not to come." Mika told Chapa with crossed arms.

"And I told you I was coming anyway." Chapa shrugged. "You're not even busy. Besides, we wouldn't be much of a distraction if that guy were here." She smirked.

Chapa pointed in the direction Mika just couldn't get her eyes off of. In the direction of the tall, blonde, blue-eyed boy.

Her co-worker. Also a reason to believe why Mika doesn't want any of her friends around.