CHAPTER 13

RONAN

Present

I let out a heavy sigh as I entered my bathroom. I ran my fingers over my tired-looking face, wishing to have managed to get a few more hours of sleep before another long day.

I splashed some cold water on my face in an attempt to wake myself up. The droplets of water dripped down my chin, it did little to ease my exhaustion.

Settling in another country is definitely difficult. Even though I was born here, the place where you are actually brought up will always have your heart. Right now I think it just needs time.

I am here to find my dad, my biological dad. My mom wanted me to meet him once, but it's absolutely impossible to find him in this big city. I just know his last name and his job. That's why Liyash told me to take help from the Singh's.
But, I guess I'd rather fuck Stella than kill someone.
Little liar.

A smirk pulled up the side of my lips as I thought of her. But I immediately pushed her out of my head, shaking my head. She isn't the one I should be focusing on. There are more important things I have to take care of now. I quickly brushed my teeth, took a shower, and put on a fresh set of my dark blue scrubs.

I hurried to my room to grab my white coat and phone. I turned on the screen and saw Liyash's texts asking me to call him whenever free, to talk about something important. Must be something serious, but I was not in the mood. So, I tucked my phone in my pocket and grabbed the keys from the table, not forgetting my stethoscope and scurried out towards the elevator of my building.

This place was just my temporary stay. I have found a much better apartment than this, which is near the sea and far from the crowd. I'd be shifting there soon.

I got into my Porsche. A vehicle was something I had to get after a shelter to survive in one of the busiest cities.

I started the engine and drove out of the basement of the building onto the paved road. My mind raced with the possibilities of what Liyash wanted to tell me about. It could be anything. I cannot just guess and don't know Liyash very well either, but the urgency in his message was unusual.
Should I call him once?

I shook my head and tried to shove that thought away. I will definitely reach out to him but not right now. I've to focus on the day ahead.

I took a glance outside to divert my mind. The morning sun shone bright in the sky, casting a warm glow over everything. I turned on the radio and Boombastic by Shaggy filled air, causing me to forget everything and tap my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. The song did a lot to uplift my mood.

I reached the hospital and parked my car near a beautiful black jeep hummer, gleaming under the bright sun. Dark tinted windows and pristine black body made the beast stand out. A hulking, attention grabbing warrior with chrome rims on the wheels. Damn. I think I'm already in love with the owner.

Shrugging off my curiosity, I grabbed my bag and made my way inside the hospital, still humming the music. Fusion pop is the only genre which uplifts my mood no matter how shitty the situation is, I'll handle it while head bobbing to the beat.
I walked to my office, whistling and returning the gesture of all the smiles and good mornings I met on the way.

I pushed the door open, but halted my steps as my eyes caught doctor Sarah who was coming from the other side with some papers in her hands. She turned her head up giving me a smile, but I winked at her, breathing a laugh after seeing her confused expressions.

I know I've been rude to her for more than a week now for one mistake, but she keeps on making more and I kind of like it. It's funny to see her getting scared and fearing me.