CHAPTER 4

SARAH

Three years ago

"Thanks for coming. Your highness" Jay said, bowing at me like a fucking prince, with a grin on his face.
I rolled my eyes.

Yes. The asshole succeeded in bringing me with him.

He asked Ms. Smith -our principal- to send me with him for a photo shoot for his upcoming fashion brand. As I was the winner of the fashion show competition and he found me perfect for modeling.

Ms. Smith is so fucking strict, just like you would imagine an old, bald and a fat headmaster to be - Except she's a woman. She would never take any chances with the security of her students.

But the freak seemed to have done some sort of magic on her.

Of course, who could deny a request of such a rich and handsome man.
I bet Ms. Smith lost in his eyes too.

That's why, she just agreed without any hesitation and that too with a large smile on her face. Sending her student with a crazy man.

She wants me to take medicine and modeling hand-in-hand. As, according to her, I could manage both and Jay would support me.

I guess I could handle both. College on weekdays and modeling on weekends. Besides, I had a dream of being on the magazine front covers. So, I think this part time modeling could help in that.

But, I'll have to go with Jay. The crazy ass guy, Jay, who shoved me into the wall that day and was close to kiss me in front of everyone today.

I tried to come up with an excuse and opened my mouth to speak. But Jay stood up narrowing his eyes at me, and I decided to shut my mouth.

I agreed to be his fucking part time model. I had no choice after all. He had the principal on his side. And surprisingly my parents too. And how can I forget the stupid bet he made.

My brain could no more think of any excuses.
Not to blame the part of me that wants to go with him.

Fuck that. I hate him.
I decided to finally accept my fate.
Working with Jay couldn't be that bad, right? How weird can it get afterall?

And so, here I am. Standing in the hall of his double - storey luxurious house.

I took a glance around his space while he was on a call.
He had white leather couches at the right, behind which is a staircase leading to the floor above, and a kitchen at the left. The walls are painted cream white, with pictures mostly related to his business.

One of them has Jay, kissing an award while some female models surround him, others have pictures of girls wearing his designed dresses and one is a large family portrait, with him in the middle and his parents at both sides kissing him on his cheeks.

In front of me is the dining area with a 12-seater dining table and behind is a large glass cupboard with all the awards Jay has ever got for his work in the fashion industry.

Damn. There are a lot.
I turned to ask him more about his business and those awards, but he's already staring back.

He stalks towards me, his eyes drifting from my face to my body. My skin tightens under his stare.

He then pulls back a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and then caresses the back of his fingers from my cheeks to my neck. My skin tingling under his touch and chills spread down my spine.

"Come on, let's get you ready.", he said, pulling his hand away.

I nod and he grins back.
He holds my hand and pulls me behind him, moving towards the white marbled stairs.