CHAPTER 6

SARAH

Three years ago

I was scrolling through Instagram, when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

I took a glance, it was Jay. I stood up straightening my pencil skirt and turned off my phone.

He stood mid way on the staircase, taking my full view.

"You're still here?" he said, As if he wasn't the one who said he wanted to see me.
And oh fuck me, for shamelessly waiting here in the hall for him to come and do - whatever he wants to - with me. I can't believe my stupid self sat here for an hour or so scrolling through my damn phone.

"Yes," I said, swallowing hard the guiltiness. "I uhm... was waiting for you."
He cocked a brow.

"Sorry, I mean, you said you wanted to see me." I told him.

"Do you want something from me?" He said, descending stairs, ignoring my reply.

"I should be asking that question", I argued.

He stalked towards me and sat down on the couch, spreading himself on the white leather comfortably.
And oh, does that not make him look even sexier?

My heart picked up pace just at the sight of him like that.

"Come here", he said, shaking his head.

"No. I'm good. I uhm... was about to go, actually. Since, I guess, you don't have anything important to discuss.", I said and turned on my phone to finally check the time.

Shit. It's going to be 10 soon.
The shoot got over near 8 and I finally Fucking realized that I'm actually late.
I thought I wouldn't wait for more than half-an-hour, but just because of my damn phone.

Ugh. Time does run fast.
Anyways, I should better run now. Jay seems drunk too and I don't want to make any scenes here again.

I turned behind and took a step but Jay's deep voice froze my feet.

"Sarah." He called out from behind.
"I said, come. Here." He said, anger in his voice.

I stood there, frozen. My brain stopped for a few seconds.
As anxiety took over me I bit my lip and decided to look behind.

I peeped over my shoulder and met his angry yet desiring stare.

"Now." He said, tipping his chin up.
Shit.
Should I run away? Or go to him? Or just make an excuse to escape?

I took a deep breath and chose the third, safer option.

I turned around and moved towards him.
My body trembled with every step I took and anxiety ran under my nerves.

I stood near the table, a couple feet away from him. His eyes took me in and then encountered my gaze.
God. He's looking so hot.

I cleared my throat, and said,"I have to go Jay. I don't have time to sit. I have college tomorrow and it's already too late."
He heard me. Yes, he did.

But still, kept staring at me with a serious expression. Something is definitely going on, in his mind. It may be good or bad. I cannot trust him with that.
Jay is definitely not the friendly, innocent and sweet guy you meet at a cafè.

"Sit down." He said, motioning his chin towards the table.

I hesitated, but took a step closer to the glass table.

"Here?", I asked, pointing at the table again.
He nodded.
I made an expression,"you sure?"

"I'm not telling you to sit on my face and suffocate me." He says.
"You should be grateful it's a table." A little pause,"For now."