Chapter 54

Michael's POV

Few more days have passed and Luke still hasn't woke up. Dad already flew back to Australia while Mom stayed for us. I am sitting outside Luke's room, waiting for Ashton with the foods. I feel that everyone in us is down. We lost Hero while we are all trying and hoping for Luke to hold on. Calum and Summer's wedding was postponed, they wanna do it when Luke recovers fully.

"Hey, Mike." Harry sat down beside me. "Any news on Luke?"

"Nah." I shrugged. "Where is Louis?"

"I don't know." Harry seems to be surprised. "I thought he is already here."

"Huh?" I ask in a bit confusion.

"Hey, guys." I looked to see Ashton making is way here with some takeouts.

"Finally, you're here." I say as he Ashton hands some food to me and Harry.

Our mafia deals had stopped for a while since we are all busy looking out for Luke. And we are still like in mourning with Hero's death. Doing mafia deals without him feels different, it's not the same without him on our backs. Harry and Louis stopped arranging the deals too because Louis felt a bit traumatic in what happened to them back at the abandoned parking building.

"Guys! Luke!" Harry exclaimed out of nowhere as he points at Luke's room.

Ashton and I immediately turned our head at Luke's room to see him a bit shaking.

"Call the nurse, Mike!" Ashton tells me and I nod.

I rushed at the nurse station and called someone that can help. I ran back to the room with the people we need. Ashton and Harry dropped their food and walked to the window.

"Luke!" Ashton yells through the glass. "Don't you dare die, Lucas!"

"He won't die, Ash." I say, more likely hope.

The nurse closed the curtain of the window, we are about to react but weren't able to because the window is already closed.

"Why the fuck did they closed the window?!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Ash, relax." Harry tells him. "They usually do that when something is happening with the patient."

Ashton went back to the chair and tugged his hands to his hair as he leans back.

"Luke will be okay." I sat beside my brother.

Few minutes later, the doctors and nurses came out of the room.

"How is our brother?" Ashton asked fast.

"Luke is okay." The doctor said. "His heart just had some abnormal beats and as we all know, Luke had a critical shot on his head and spine that may cause his system to have some problems for now."

"When will he be okay?" I ask.

"Let's give him more time." The doctor tried to smile before leaving us.

"That scared me." Ashton frowned.

"I know." I sighed. "That scared me too."

Silence came in as we all look at Luke through the window. It us upsetting seeing our brother in this state. I miss Luke, we all miss Luke. I am so mad at Allie and Liam right now for what they did to our brothers. First they fucked with Calum in the fake pregnancy, then they killed Hero and made Luke end up in this damn ICU room. I can't wait for us to get them, we all agreed that we will get them once Luke fully recovered and before the wedding takes place. Calum is a bit worried that they might crash and ruin the wedding. And we don't wanna risk that because our family will be there, we don't want them hurting our parents and some relatives that will attend the wedding.