I shook it from my body and began stretching my arms. I need to focus on training now.

Coach Henny stepped out of the house and asked if I was ready. I lightly nodded.

He sat down and began to do a quick stretch, “Alright, we’re going to take the Hienderman trail so as to avoid human contact, and distractions.”

After he finished we began to run. A tall wooden fence fenced off the back yard, and there was a small gate that took us to the Hienderman trail (a little dirt path) that led us right into the forest.

After running for quite a distance, Coach Henny allowed me a short water break. We pulled over to the side of the trail and  while he sat down on a log I kept my muscles limb.

“Mind if I ask a question?” I asked quietly.

“What you say?”

I repeated myself.

“Sorry, what?”

I repeated myself, again.

“Still can’t hear you.”

I groaned, “I’m going to asked you something.” I said loudly—at least it was loud compared to how I usually spoke.

Coach Henny chuckled, “Don’t get so frustrated. I’m only doing that so you can stand up for yourself and learn to find your voice.”

“I have a voice.” I stated.

Though, I don’t really.

“What was your question?” he asked, ignoring my previous statement.

“Will all this running.. make me fast—like Brady fast, when he attacked T-tristan?”

I still remember how quick he was in delivering a punch to his face. I couldn’t even keep up visually once they began fighting. He was so fast, faster than a flash of light.

“Of course,” he didn’t even hesitate to think about it, “though not Brady’s speed. I don’t think anyone will ever match his speed.”

“Why do you say that?”

He thought about it for a moment, “let’s put it this way: I’m a hammer, and Brady... He’s a bullet. While I’m strong, I’m also heavy which in turn takes away some of my speed. Brady, on the other hand, is light so that allows him to be very fast—faster than the femme wolves even. It makes up for the fact that he’s not so very well built.”

“So he’s faster. But your stronger.”

“Yes, of course; he’s the fastest wolf I’ve ever seen.”

I nodded, it all seemed to make sense. It’s like the three little pigs. Alpha Henny is the house made out of brick and Brady has the house made of sticks. The brick house takes longer to make, but it’s more efficient. While the stick house is faster to make, its also so much weaker.

It somehow balances out, especially since Alpha Henny… is Alpha.

And me? Well, I’m the little piggy living in the house made out of hay.

“Keep your hopes up, maybe one day you’ll be able to keep up when you run together—you’ll be behind him obviously.”

Obviously.” I parroted him quietly.

Coach Henny chuckled, “I mean it Venus, with a little—“ he stopped talking and his eyes went wide.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered looking all around us. Was a Pavone wolf out in the forest somewhere, waiting for the perfect moment to attack?