45-Tests

~Rhya~

I walk into the penthouse, heels clacking on the floor.

I had a bad day. I went in to work to see if I still had a job. I had to put on my best sweet smile and do loads of clerical work to make up for the absence.

I heave a huge case full of files that I need to catch up on and set them by the table where Colter is playing catch up as well.

Without a word, I sludge up the stairs to my room, quickly taking off my shoes and the spanx that hug my body so tight it's a wonder I can even breathe. I peel them off and jump when I hear the door open.

"Shit, my bad baby. I keep forgetting to let you know." Ryk says. I toss him a small smile.

"It's okay." I sit on the bed and try to tug off my clothes. Ryker silently moves to me and kneels.

"Can I?" He asks, pointing to my garments. I lean back on my hands and nod. He grabs the clothes and helps undress me.

Once my stockings are off, I turn so he can unzip my skirt as I unbutton my blouse. Once I'm undressed he takes his shirt off and hands it to me.

"Don't worry. It's clean. I just showered." He says with a smirk, his hair still damp. I pull it on and shake my hair out, letting it fall where it may.

I lean my forehead on his chest.

"Long day?" He asks.

"Yeah and I'm not done." I answer. He kisses my head.

"Come downstairs. I'll make you food and help in any way I can." He says, his voice rumbling through me. I look up at him and smile.

"You're too nice to me." I say.

"Shut up." He says back. I laugh as we leave the room.

...

"Done!" I say in triumph, slamming the computer shut.

I press my palms to my eyes and lean back in my chair. I look to Colter to see dark, dark rings under his eyes.

"How long have you been at this?" I ask him. He doesn't look up, I'm not even sure he knows I'm talking to him.

I reach out and lightly grab his forearm. He jerks it back and looks up, startled.

"Hey, babe you need to take a break now." I tell him, rubbing his arm in soothing motions.

"Can't. This needs to be done." He says, leaning back. I look at the stack of papers by him.

"What are they?" I ask.

"It's a business agreement for the club. An alcohol distributer wants to be our sole supplier. It's a huge contract." He says. "I'm making my adjustments."

I tie my hair back again and take a long drink of the tea next to me. I grab a chunk of the papers.

"Alright. Outline what you want to me. I'll help comb through it."

He looks at me with wide eyes, relief on his face. I spare him the gratitude.

"Well?" I ask. He smirks and launches into his stipulations.

By the end, we're both cross eyed, but finally done. We make our way to his room, both of us too tired to watch TV.

"How was your first day back?" He asks.

"Fine." I answer. I look at my hands so he doesn't pick up the truth in my eyes.

He does anyway.

"Want to try that again?" He asks. I look up at him and sigh.