28-Josette

~Rhya~

Colter🥵:
Come out front when you're done closing up. I've hit surprises.

I click off my phone and can't help the thrill that races through me. I grab everything the needs to be taken home and throw it in my bag.

I swing my coat over my shoulders and pull on my hat and gloves. Winter has officially hit the city and it's a damned cold one.

I get in the elevator next to one of the new hires.

"Hey, I'm Tom." He says, reaching out his hand. I shake it and smile.

"Rhya, how are you liking the firm?" I ask.

He shrugs and runs his hand through his brown hair. He's attractive, I guess. The guys have forever warped my view on what I consider attractive.

"I like it. A bit intimidating I suppose." He says. The elevator reaches the ground floor and he motions for me to go first. I step out and we walk out of the building together. Colter leans against his car, his suit and tie pristine.

"It was nice meeting you, Rhya. Would you like to go out for drinks?" Tom asks. I smile and nod my head towards Colter who stares at the man unflinchingly.

"Sorry, my dates waiting." I say. The man blanches when he looks at Colter and scurries off. I chuckle and shake my head, walking over to Colter.

"You're scaring my coworkers, you know." I tease. He reaches a hand out and pulls me to him, kissing my cold lips.

"That's the goal, baby." He says. I laugh and get in the car.

"So, what's the surprise?" The glee in my voice doesn't go unnoticed as we drive to the penthouse.

"You'll see." He reaches over and rests his hand on my thigh.

...

We pull into the parking garage and the guys all stand by the SUV.

I pop out and scan all of them.

"What's wrong?" I ask, concerned.

Dane heads over and grabs my hand. "Nothing, babe. We've got something for you." He says, kissing my cheek.

He leads me to the other side of the SUV where a beautiful dark cherry red sports car sits. My breath catches in my throat as I look at it.

"Whoever's new car this is is taking me for a ride." I say, running my hand over the paint.

"It's yours." Ryker says. I stare at him in shock for a second before shaking my head.

"No way." I say.

Cillian tosses a set of keys at me. "Way, baby."

I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to scream or cry or do an Irish jig.

I look down at the license plate that reads "Rhya".

"For me?" I ask again. They all nod, smiles on their faces.

A smile grows on my face so wide I feel like an idiot. My hands come up to cover my face.

"I don't know what to say. I've never gotten a gift." I admit. Something flickers across their faces, but then they return to smiling.

I jump when the one of the car doors open.

A blonde haired, blue eyed girl steps out and crosses her arms.

"Can you just say thank you, Rhy so we can take this baby out for a spin." She says.

My heart stops in my chest as I take the scene before me in. Time stops, as the girl grins that familiar crooked smile at me.