Chapter 8

Anne walks in no specific direction, while she lets all her thoughts cloud her mind, her pregnancy, giving Henry a son, and especially, her abdominal pain, the pregnancy is not that advanced but, it cannot be possible that have an abortion, it is not possible, or at least that's what she wants to believe.

Anne finally decides to go to Henry's chambers to spend a pleasant day with her beloved husband. Upon reaching the room she sees Henry sitting in his chair while reading some letters.

-Hello dear...

Henry sees Anne, her expression is not one of pleasure, it's more like he's annoyed.

-How is the pregnancy going?.

Anne looks somewhat surprised and at the same time afraid.

-Well, the pregnancy is going very well, I am sure that this time it will be our boy...

She said as she moved closer to her husband.

-You better...

He said as he looked Anne up and down.

-You can't disappoint me again Anne, you know that right?.

-I won't..., I know that the first time I gave you a girl and the second..., but this time I have a feeling Henry..., that this time I will give you a son, our son...

He looked at her with little interest in her apologies or promises.

-The first two times were disappointments Anne, don't try to justify it.

She looked at him somewhat hurt by her words.

-But I-.

-But you are nothing, you are my wife, my queen, and your only task as queen is to give me a son and you do not fulfill it.

Henry exclaimed as he looked at his wife.

-You promised me before we got married that you would give it to me and look Anne, where is our son?.

-He's going to be born soon!.

-Yes, I hope so, because it is your last chance and you know it...

-Don't say that Henry..., we love each other...

-Love is not enough when you cannot have an heir for your kingdom..., you should know that more than anyone.

She looked at Henry with a mixture of fear and anger.

-There is no reason to be so harsh Henry...

He laughs.

-Please Anne, your love speech is tiring me..., go away, leave me alone.

Anne stood up and walked out of her husband's chamber,.While worrying about the consequences of not fulfilling her husband's wishes, she walked away from the chambers.

-Anne, are you okay?

It was George, her brother.

-Yes everything is fine...

-Please Anne, look at you.

-George, I'm afraid.

-You don't have to fear, you are the queen...

Anne looked down.

-I don't think that's enough.

George reached out and touched his sister's shoulder.

-It is Anne, you need to rest, stress is not good in your conditions.

Anne nodded, and finally went to her chambers where she decided to spend the afternoon resting and trying to stay positive about her situation.But then someone knocked on his door.

-Who is it?.

-I am Jane Seymour, your majesty, I would like to speak with you, I have something important to tell you and it cannot wait any longer.