Chapter 5

-Fired? Don't be dramatic, Lady Margaret.

-Dramatic? Excuse me, Lord. John, but it was the queen herself who ordered me to leave.

Adviser John laughed upon hearing the lady's disbelief.

-You know, lady? Sometimes I don't know if you pretend to be that naive.

-I'm sorry, Lord, but now I really don't know what you're talking about.

-I'm talking about you, lady.

-about me?.

-Listen to me, Lady Margaret, I know that she may appear to be kind to everyone at court, but I know what happens once the doors are closed in the king's office.

Margaret was ashamed when she heard the man's words, did he know that?.

-Excuse me but I don't know what you're talking about.

-Please lady, she would have to be an idiot not to see the way her majesty sees her! That desire or admiration is noticeable throughout the court!.

Margaret listens to the man's words carefully, was he really that notorious?.

-Where do you want to go with this?...

-I want to get to the point that you are the king's new fascination, he will never let you leave the palace so quickly and it doesn't matter what anyone says, including the queen.

-But she said it explicitly-.

-It doesn't matter!, what really matters is what the king wants and he wants you here, now go to the king's office to tell him the situation, he wouldn't forgive me if he let me leave.

After listening to the lord's orders, Margaret was unsure of what to do, but she decided to go to the king's office once more, and announced to the king guarding the door that she requested to speak with the king at this time.

-Let her pass!.

The king ordered on the other side of the door, the knight opened the door for the lady and she entered, closing the door as she passed.

-But look what a pleasant surprise...

She bowed and then spoke.

-Her majesty, Queen Anne has made the decision to fired me to my job as her lady in waiting...

Henry's expression went from happy to questioning.

-Fired? Why?.

-The queen expressed that a servant like me could not afford to buy jewelry if I did not sleep with someone.

-That's ridiculous, you stay.

-But the queen said that-.

-You stay.

Henry stood up from his seat and walked over to Margaret to bring her hand to his cheek.

-You are so pretty..., so careful.

-Your Majesty...

-You have me crazy Margaret...

-But what about Queen Anne?...

-Why think about that woman when I have you, here in front of me and for me...

-This is not-.

-Margaret..., I want you so much...

She looked into Henry's eyes as she listened to his sweet words which filled her heart with love.

-Do you love me Margaret?...

-More than anything.

Henry saw Margaret's submissive look, she is the woman he had searched for so long, a woman who accepts what he asks of her without thinking twice or resisting, a woman who lives exclusively just to please him in each of his desires.

-Then accept, to spending a night in my chambers...