~1~

Fourteen-year-old Yusuke Urameshi slept soundly, body half off the bed and arm almost touching the wooden floor. His head had nearly disappeared into his pillow as he snored away the day.

He was so deep in his dream that he never had any hope of hearing his door open, or feel something land on his face.

Eyebrows twitched in acknowledgment, but that was it.

At least, until an unusual smell hit his nose, followed by a nasty taste that slipped right into his mouth.

"Agh, what the HELL!?"

His eyes snapped open, but his body rolled off his bed in alarm. He landed with a loud crash while spitting out whatever terrible taste touched his tongue.

Apparently, the culprit was his sweaty sock that he hadn't washed since yesterday. "Ugh. . . How did that even get here?"

"Hn, good morning to you too."

Yusuke looked over at the door and saw a small figure holding a wooden food pincher in one hand.

Raven-black hair twisted into a bun with braids and blue ribbons, identical brown eyes to him but with dark circles smeared underneath, and the world's deepest deadpan on her more delicate face . . .

"Damn it, Miyuki! The hell was that for?"

She just shut her eyes and sighed, "Breakfast is on the table. So's your bento box. And Keiko's walking with us today, so you better hurry."

She turned on her heels and left her still-seething twin on the floor.

"Ugh, nagging little harpy...!"

Oh well, he was out of bed now, so there was no point in grumbling about it. Might as well get up and start the day.

Once he'd slicked his hair back with copious amounts of gel and shoveled his breakfast down, there was a knock at the door. Miyuki answered and sure enough, Keiko appeared in her own school uniform.

"Morning, Miyuki," She greeted brightly. "And I see you managed to get him up."

"Shut it, Keiko!" Yusuke grumbled. He shoved past them and out the door, ignoring Keiko's furious eyes and his sister's blank stare.

*~~*~~*

The usual gaggle of students were roaming around the gates of Sarayashiki Junior High, chatting happily and smiling.

At least, until Yusuke and Miyuki graced themselves with their presence.