"Is that your mom's bread?" He asked, keeping his voice down and I just nodded.

"Nice." He said with a big grin.

I laughed but still kept my mouth shut. I swallowed and was now free to talk without food in my mouth.

"Yeah, it's awesome and it's still warm." I told him and his smile got bigger.

He looked towards the kitchen and I just smiled. I loved that he still had the mind of a child sometimes but was indeed an adult.

"Hello honey." My aunt said, giving me a hug and a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi Aunt Nicole, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good thank you. How about you?"

"I'm good." I said. "Hello ladies!" I said to my cousins Anne and Sarah.

"Hi Amanda! I'm so glad you're here. My parents weren't sure if you'd be here or not. I need your help with something." Anne told me.

I looked at her and she had my attention. I was curious to know what she needed help with. Anne was 14 years old and her sister Sarah was 12 years old. They were pretty close at times, since they were close in age, sometimes it was good and others not so much. Just like any other siblings.

"She likes a boy." Sarah said loudly.

"Sarah!" Anne yelled.

"You like a boy?! No, you're too young! No, just no." Justin said loudly.

I laughed. If he thought he had control on this subject he needed a reality-check.

"We can talk later." I whispered to Anne and she gave me a small smile.

I went up to my uncle, "Good luck. It's out of your hands." I whispered to him.

"No, it's not." He whispered back. He reminded me of Felix, when he was younger.

"It's not like you didn't know this day was coming so now you need to be more of a friend and listen instead of shouting and ordering around." I whispered to him.

I could tell he was thinking, so I was surprised when he said, "Brought you these." The small box of Timbits made their appearance.

"Hello." I said to the box. I grabbed the box and held onto it with my two hands.

Mine, I thought.

Not many people understood the relationship between my uncle and me. We were more friends and I could always go to him with any problems I had, I just never did.

Everyone wanted to know what I thought or what was happening in my life but for some reason I never shared. Didn't matter if it was with family members, I just kept everything to myself, aside from Emily.

"Thank you." I told him and he just smiled but he got back to the subject at hand.

"Yeah but boys only think of one thing." He said, still keeping his voice low.

"You should know."

"Exactly, so why would I want my little girl with boys like that?" He asked.

"The way you handle this won't just affect Anne, it might influence Sarah. It's important to know they can count on both parents. I share some things with my mom and other things with my dad but what's important is that I know I can go to one or the other if I need help with something. I know I can trust them."

I could see my comment making impact by his facial expression and his eyes changing.

"I still won't like it." He whispered.