010 ➥ hard-working little lady

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

NOVEMBER 19TH 1991

It's been give or take two and a half weeks since Nirvana departed Seattle and things were going pretty okay, all things considered.

Alahna woke up to the sound of her alarm clock at 7AM sharp. The house was dead silent; Bonnie still had a couple more hours of sleep before she had to wake up.

Making as little noise as possible, Alahna got up and started to dress herself. She didn't know how long it would take her to get used to waking up at 7AM but she hoped her eyes would stop naturally closing on their own sometime soon.

She left her bedroom, rubbing her eyes as she did so, and got on with breakfast (a cup of coffee). Normally, Alahna sat on the couch with her cup fighting back the urge to fall asleep on her own arse and spilling hot liquit all over the table and floor. Then, she'd eventually go to the bathroom, wash her teeth and get ready.

This time though, halfway through her coffee the phone rang.

Alahna quickly left the cup on the table, exhaustion evaporating from her body. Because she knew exactly who was calling.

The person who had been calling every single day.

Alahna cleared her throat before picking up (it was early). "Hello?"

"Damn, someone just woke up." The person chuckled knowingly on the other end.

"Yeah not shit, it must be close to half past seven at this point!" Alahna protested, twisting and tugging at the phone chord. "Hey, Dave."

"Hi, baby." He chuckled. "How are you?"

"Tired, as you can probably tell." Alahna replied. "What time is it over there, again?"

"Uh..." Dave trailed off. "About four thirty in the afternoon I believe."

"Lucky bastard."

Dave snickered under his breath. "If it makes you feel any better, Rome isn't all that exciting without you."

Alahna scoffed. "Somehow I highly doubt that."

"I'm serious!" Dave defended. "I'm Bump deprived. We all are." He complained. Alahna could practically hear him pouting as he spoke.

"Well Bump here has to go to work, unfortunately." Alahna sighed.

That had been the main change in her life since Dave had left; she was working. Both her and Bonnie knew that their savings wouldn't keep them afloat forever so a much needed job hunt had taken place.