001 ➥ ghost listener

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

OCTOBER 11TH 1991

"Come on babe, you're not even close to ready!"

Alahna sighed. She was sitting on Bonnie's bed as the girl added the finishing touches to her make-up in front of her big full-body mirror. She was gently swaying her hips to the beat of the song playing on the radio that Alahna couldn't have identified in a million years.

"I look nice enough." The girl simply stated, looking down to her outfit: a nice, soft long-sleeved white shirt, black jeans and big black combat boots. She had decided to take a fancier route with her hair and decided to go with two braids, a choice that she was mildly proud of.

Bonnie paused her actions to turn around and look at Alahna up and down. She didn't hesitate to shake her head. "You're going to a rock concert, not a bloody brunch." She chuckled.

Alahna scoffed but in her heart of hearts, she knew that her best friend was probably right; her outfit wasn't anything out of the ordinary. And other than a very lazy amount of mascara on her eyelashes, there was no make-up.

In hindsight, she should've known that Bonnie wouldn't let her leave the house dressed like that without putting up some sort of fight. "For fuck's sakes, we're seeing Nirvana tonight! They're the biggest thing in the world right now and you don't want to look your very best?" Alahna chuckled at her enthusiasm. "You know what? You should thank your lucky stars that I'm the one you decided to leave the country with." And with that being said, she moved from the mirror to her wardrobe and started rummaging through the mess of clothes she was reluctant to organize. After a few moments of digging, she pulled out a black graphic shirt that she quickly tossed Alahna's way. Upon closer inspection, she saw that it was obviously a Nirvana shirt. It had a big yellow rectangle with the word Nirvana written in black letters and underneath it, the three band members painted blue. Alahna had seen Bonnie wearing that shirt on many occasions.

"Are you sure?" She asked uneasily. "I mean... it's kind of big, isn't it?"

"I know, that's what makes it so comfortable." Bonnie smiled brightly. "I've got one on too, it really does feel like one of Mum's cuddles." She commented, giving Alahna a rather unnecessary twirl. She was wearing another Nirvana shirt, also black, but it had a picture of the cover of their most recent album, Nevermind. Alahna doubted she would ever understand the thought process that led to the album cover being a naked baby chasing after a bait-like dollar underwater like a fish but she supposed it was a question that would remain unanswered to her forever.

"Still, though." Alahna said, still not very convinced. "Isn't it a bit weird? You listen to them a lot more than I do."

"You listen to them plenty!"