Chapter 6: "Disruption"

"And, father, how can I love you

Or any of my brothers more?

I love you like the little bird

That picks up crumbs around the door."

The clouds are heavy today. Through the void of the clouds, maroon waves crash. Angels, looking down on Earth from the Hyperion, observe things from a different perspective. A young woman stood at the edge of the ledge, overlooking the chaos below and beyond. Her face may be expressionless, but she understands deep inside that everything is falling apart.

A message had been sent to her. The contents were time-sensitive. "Dr. Einstein" had sent it. The girl displays a holographic screen in front of her to view the message.

"It's about Dante, there are two of him. The odds are one of them are posing each other, keep your heads sharp."

The message was brief, but its implications for the recent discovery of an outlander from another universe. A battlesuit was required after she left the Hyperion. However, her outfit is being kept in storage to prevent further harm. This is because she has the backing of an unbreakable power. The kind breeze carries her grey hair as the final remnant of mankind.

The next message came in a second later. What happened this time was more of an emergency. She uses the hologram screen again to see the message.

"Hey Bronya? Strange, since you were reported missing right as the Honkai event started. It seems like you should be close. Don't worry-help is on the way soon."

She can understand the confusion of the messenger. However, it is true that the whereabouts of Bronya are now a mystery. What occurred just now, though, was an unintentional alibi. The current observer has become quite acquainted with the Hyperion by her prolonged staring at it. However, she had no idea she would return, so the place seemed familiar.

Bronya(?): What... has happened, again?

Meanwhile, within the Schicksal Headquarters...

A clash of swords was brewing inside the once it was factory, it turned into a purgatory of defense mechs. The man flung himself into the air, throwing his sword similar to buzzsaw towards a couple of mechs. It penetrated through its armor like butter, cutting through both of them like it's harvesting season. Eventually, the man fall back on the floor, landing both on his feet, kneeling down as he catches the sword that returned to his hand.

He slick back his hair, caressing it to form into its usual appearance. He was not fazed by the destruction of the factory. He was only bothered by the speck of metal laying on clothing. Vergil has been countless of battles throughout his lifetime, this was only a mere fraction, a speck of what he had before.

With the elegance of a seasoned warrior, he skillfully sheathes his sword, the blade gliding effortlessly into its ornate Saya, the katana's enchanting embrace. He revelled in the triumphant conclusion of the mech's ambush. Undeterred by the unexpected ambush, he forges ahead on his quest to locate Himeko. If fate smiles upon him, he might stumble upon Dante.