Chapter 5: "The Angel"

"Soon my Angel came again;

I was armed, he came in vain;

For the time of youth was fled,

And grey hairs were on my head."

A long journey is ahead, for the three gracious heroes rise from the ashes after an excruciating battle. They rise from the ashes from where they have fallen. Amidst the enchanting land, the majestic cavalry crumbles in perfect unison, their harmonious fall a symphony of magic. All of this was said was all of what Dante is thinking of right now. He tries his best to lighten up to mood as the three try their best to ignore the sound of endless creaking as the elevator goes up.

Awkwardly looking up, it felt like an eternity. It was clear that the elevator was moving, but they felt as if they had been standing in the same place for the last few hours. Himeko tapped her foot to ignore the flow of time, Dante brushing his hair, using the elevator controls as a mirror, and Tesla, annoyed at Dante for using the controls as a mirror.

Himeko: I'm sorry to break the peaceful silence, everyone. What's your brother like, Dante?

Dante: Well, you can already tell. I hope so. Just think of everything you know about me and then turn them all upside down.

Tesla: So, basically: He's the evil version of you?

Dante: Wait... hold on, I can't believe you're right. How come I never thought of that?

Himeko: She did mention this other "Dante" assisted us. For some odd reason. Is he usually like this?

Dante: I hope it's usual now. If one ass-whooping isn't enough, what's so bad about giving two? I mean, this ain't our world. So, in some worst-case scenarios, he would be somewhere out there doing what he likes.

Tesla: The evil you would be calm, collected, and introverted. Honestly, I would prefer him over you any time.

Himeko: Can we not call his brother "Evil Dante"? As true as it is, it sounds insulting toward my savior here.

Dante: Heh, look. She's complimenting me. Nice.

Tesla: God, you're so clueless when it comes to signals... By the way, what's your brother's name?

Dante: Gilver.

Himeko: I... have to admit. That's a fake-sounding name.

Dante: I know, you just gotta rearrange the letters and you got yourself his name.

Tesla: Why are you making this a game? But since we're all probably in this elevator until-- THE HERSSCHER DESTROYS ALL OF HUMANITY! A game would be nice.

The elevator, which is not halfway through, continues its short but long journey toward the top. Dante could easily reach the top in a blink of a second. Right now, they all sat down on the floor, creating a circle formation as they attempt to guess Vergil's name correctly. Not so long, Himeko accidentally named it correctly, and the game ended sooner than expected. The unexpected game ended with Himeko victorious, but Tesla was startlingly furious.