Chapter 3 : "Phoenix's Ash"

"Cruelty has a human heart,

And Jealousy a human face;

Terror the human form divine,

And Secresy the human dress.

The human dress is forged iron,

The human form a fiery forge,

The human face a furnace sealed,

The human heart its hungry gorge."

After the short battle initiated with Durandal. Dante was informed the direction to his destination with the instructions from her. Fortunately, she also planned to be there at the moment. With the Herrscher currently devoting the world around her, she will meet up with a certain someone near Schicksal HQ.

Dante then finds an actual working microwave. Half of the pizza was already eaten, so he decided to finish it up with a satisfying hot pizza. Durandal finally got up and approaches Dante who is squatting near the microwave, watching as the pizza box spins around in circles.

She decided to watch as the pizza gets warmed up after the exhausting battle. She lost because she was not weak; he was too strong. At this point, she wonders if he is a Herrcher himself. But the other part of her thought that he caused no harm to Humanity.

With the awkward situation mixed with the humming of the microwave, she decided to start a conversation.

Durandal : You seem to quite have a liking to Pizza

Dante : I would kill a demon to eat these things, unless they have olives on them. You like them too?

Durandal : I do quite enjoy eating them. She does occasionally make one of them, they are all delicious as expected.

Dante : You have a wife?

Durandal : A Maid.

Dante : Oh.

Durandal : How did you go that far from guessing?

Dante : I never had one, okay? Besides, Maid is just a rental wife if you ask me.

Durandal : It is really that different. History speaks for itself: a virgin; a young, unmarried woman.

Dante : Virgin? I was about to ask what she tasted like.

Durandal : ...Pardon me?

Dante : What Pizza you like the most?

Durandal : Mushroom..

The microwaves beeps, informing the pizza has been warmed up; cutting their conversation short. Dante took the pizza box and opens it up and be greeted by a drooling smell of hot pizza. He placed the box on the ground between him and Durandal, sitting down and grabs a slice.

Dante : Bone Apple Tea!

Durandal : It's Bon Appétit, Dante.

Dante scratching his head smiling and a giggle from Durandal, they started eating the pizza in the gloomy dark night with the street lamp as their only source of light. Taking each slice with the same pace. Dante stared deeply at Durandal who was looking at the starry skies.

She notices soon after at Dante, who paused eating the pizza while starring at her. He continued eating and finishing it, sucking his fingers to clean up the stains. Durandal took the chance to ask him somethin, a question that has been reoccuring in her mind.