Chapter 2 : "The Alpha and The Mysterious One"

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,

Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."

The rumbling and decaying buildings spread free across the horizon. Rain falls heavily like thousand violent needles. The entirety of the city felt like a dream. Thunder clapped in sky every once in a while, he felt the storm slowly merging into an eye. The man before the storm, was man that embraced his humanity. Humanity that he thought was unnecessary, thrown away in a world of despair, seeking only for power.

The man sat down under the shade of fallen balconies. Sitting down as he ponders and waits for his next move. His feathered companion returned to him, shaking off all the droplets on him; in which some off the droplets landed on the man, slightly bothering him.

??? : Well, ya want the good news or the bad news first?

? : Both are necessary.

??? : The Bad news is: there's no way fuckin' way someone lives in this city.

? : The other news?

??? : We've got one of those weird lookin' things that you and Dante fought a while ago!

? : Excellent, right on time. My fingers are getting stiff.

??? : The hell are you waiting for then!? It's Barbecue time!

? : "I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow."

His familiar grabbed his arm and then took flight to the scene. Raining kept falling on his face. Closing his eyes a sign of comfort. Below his feet is distant drop to the flooded city, a relentless violent waves hitting a walls of the buildings, the droplets reached even to the man's feet himself. His altitude is getting lower as his familiar exhausted all of his strength to lift him up. Luckily, they were close.

??? : Hey, that's the critters i talked about right there!

? : So it would seem.

His familiar letting go from the man's wrist, flying towards the lower grounds. The man landed on his two foot, breathing easy, the land was sort of painful. His fragile body cannot withstand such impact.

To his surprise, the place he is in felt familiar

To his surprise, the place he is in felt familiar. Yes, the time he spent with the kid, Nero. The flooded city he witnessed as Nero goes through the rooftops of buildings that was drowning in a similar way. Nostalgia, was all he felt, despite only being a few days ago.

The creatures in front of him took notice of his presence, they turned around quickly and started to circle around him. Foul scented, The streak of Magenta flowing on their body, it was no mistaken they were the same creature he saw during that fight with Kiana. He got up with the support of his metallic cane, with his familiar flying to his side.