Chapter 4: "Familiarity"

"The Sun arises in the East,

Cloth'd in robes of blood and gold;

Swords and spears and wrath increase

All around his bosom roll'd

Crown'd with warlike fires and raging desires."

Leaning against the door, Dante walked toward the fine lady. He bowed with his hand placed on his chest, and she awkwardly replies with a bow in a similar fashion.

Himeko : So you are the someone that Fu Hua mentioned. Even at the first glance, you don't really look like a bad person.

Dante : Oh, stop it. I don't deserve that kind of compliment.

Himeko : Did anyone has ever told you that you smell like a rotting corpse... and gunpowder?

Dante : Not really, you have the honor of being the first. Take that as my compliment.

Himeko : Okay, I guess? Your first impression is very... unique?

Dante : I practiced before I got here, it lasted for around 20 seconds.

Himeko : I don't need to introduce myself to you, right? Since you've known me from her, might as well tell me your name.

Dante : Dante, I think that's enough for an introduction is it?

Himeko : I think so, what brought you into this hell on earth?

Dante explained his situation for a brief moment. She was caught up with his stories for a while, she thought she was listening to a fairy tale or an apocalyptic novel. But the thing she paid most of her attention to was his brother.

They sat down in front of the prison door she left before, realizing how much time it took to talk about their lives and the people they loved.

Himeko : To think you've been in all of this for most of your life, It's just sad and heartwarming.

Dante : See, many people I care about, but my mother, she is special; my brother too, I guess. Who do you care about the most right now?

Himeko : Ah, that question is... a bit too personal?

Dante : I've been being personal to you for like a while now. Give me one name, and I'll get off your back.

Himeko : ...It's not easy for me to say it. Your presence alone feels... demonic? I don't know what it is, but you have this really strong aura backing me down.

Dante : Yeah, I figured out who it is. No need to look down.

Dante got up, brushed off his coat, and combs his hair, caressing it in between his fingers. The prison appeared to have some sort of drone patrolling the area. It had a searchlight pointing downwards, moving from one end to the other. Dante decided that he would lay low, he does not want to be high profile in this world, yet.