Chapter 93: I sobbed for his pain

Y/n Pov:

I couldn't stop laughing when Harry told me about Ron falling in love with Romilda Vane. And I laughed even harder when he told me that Ron called out for Mione when he came to be after being in the hospital. I know I shouldn't be laughing so hard but Ron's love life this year is just comical at this point.

Harry drank his felix felicis as he walked over to Slughorn's to finish our task. I was late to meet him, I was with Draco and let's just say that time flew.

I walked to Hagrid's hut and saw a flipped over spider. His name was Aragog as I came to know later. Hagrid was crying when we arrived with Slughorn by his side.

"He was the spider blamed for Myrtle's death" Harry explained to me.

"I know, I was there" I replied. "I forget that sometimes" he replied.

Eventually we settled down with Slughorn. He was reluctant, denying everything and steering away the conversation. Eventually we got him on the topic of mum. "She gave me a goldfish, to keep me company when I spent long nights teaching and brewing potions. She was so sweet" he said. "One morning I went down to feed it and it lay dead. Later that day I got the news of her death" he added. "You'd be helping us protect Lily's son if you tell us what you told Tom Riddle that day" I said. "I'm sorry but-""I knew him, Tom. A result of dark magic and time magic but I spent quite a bit of time with him, which gave me a bit of an older appearance than my actual age. He was kind to me. I know you want to protect him but he changed" I said.

"I'm sorry I can't," he replied. "I'm Lily's daughter" I stated. His eyes widened. "Lily never told you about me, she didn't tell loads of people about me. Not even Harry. They knew when I was born that I would be powerful, so powerful that I could end the world's problems, end Voldemort." I continued. "Take a good look at me and if you can't see her then we'll drop it. Drop the fact that you would be protecting me and my brother." I added.

"I can't tell you, no, but you can take it," he said after a few moments. Harry extracted the memory as I thanked him.

We walked to Dumbledore's office. "You did it," he said. "We did it," I replied, smiling.

After we saw the memory, Dumbledore explained Horcruxs to us.

That's when it hit me.

He wouldn't.

He couldn't.

The ritual that Slughorn explained. It was all making sense.

Did I have a horcrux?
Did he kill Myrtle to create one for me?
Could it be?
No.
But that would explain the connection.
Why I've always felt like I couldn't destroy him.
Did he mean to become mine?
My horcrux?

So destroying him could mean hurting me...

That would explain the impending feeling of doom I've felt forever. 

I left immediately to go to bed. I didn't know what to say. I decided I have to lie to Harry again the next day. I couldn't tell him that I Tom was my horcrux. Not in a million years. If it came down to it, he shouldn't hesitate destroying Tom. No matter what. 

I sat alone at breakfast, I needed to gather my thoughts. Half of my life lived in him. Half of my soul. My life was entwined with his. Perhaps he feels obliged to have me by his side because a part of me lives with him. A part that should die. I was born to kill a part of me. How ironic. 

Murmurs rose as I looked up from my plate of untouched food. Katie Bell was back. 

I got up to go greet her. Harry did too. 

"May I?" I asked her with my arms out. She nodded. I hugged her, assessing whether she had dark magic in her body. The lack of it made me breathe a sigh of relief. "How are you doing?" Harry asked. "I'm okay, they say if there wasn't anyone to help with the whole I wouldn't have recovered so fast." she replied. "Thank you" she said looking at me. "Of course" I replied smiling. 

"Do you-" "As I've told everyone I don't remember what happened Harry" she said interrupting Harry. Angelina and Alicia walked towards us to talk to Katie. I moved back to give them some space. I turned around to see Harry following Draco out of the hall. 

Oh Salazar, Draco. He would feel like hell seeing her. 

Nothing good has ever come out of Harry following Draco. I decided to get a professor just in case something was happening. And a professor who has somehow always been on my side. 

"Professor Snape?" I called out in his office. "Ms Black" He answered walking towards me. "I think Harry and Draco are going to start something" I said. "Where?" he asked. I think he was headed towards the bathroom" I said. "Lead the way" he replied. 

I heard someone crying out loud from down the hall. It sounded like "Draco" I said out loud before professor Snape and I ran to the bathroom. 

No. Not again. I stepped back as Professor Snape tended to Draco's wounds. I looked up to see Harry, with his wand out. "You!" I don't ever want to see your face ever again!" I yelled. 

"I'm so-" "Go away." I told Harry before looking back to Draco. My heart weeped for my love and my brain felt nothing but anger for my brother. Draco was unconscious but healed. I held him in my arms and I saw the scars on his hand. I sobbed for his pain. For everything he must have been feeling. He looked so frail and pale. I hadn't been looking after him at all. He cared for me so well with everything with dad. We had to get him to the infirmary. 

I didn't care about my horcrux, not about Tom, nothing other than him. 

I looked up at professor Snape and saw a tear rolling down his cheek. Did he care for Draco more than I thought he did?