Chapter 56: I'm not afraid of what you can do anymore

Y/n  Pov:

I jumped through the door and it was much deeper down than I thought. We fell for a while and almost died at the bottom, but was stopped by some enchantment. We stopped right before the ground, and then fell, limiting injury.

The ring on my hand slightly burned. I put it into my pocket.

The seven of us got up. "Department of mysteries. They got that bit right didn't they" Ron said.

Before us stood an arch made of stone, with a ghost like layer in the middle. I heard whispers around us, from the orb and the arch.

"The voices, can you tell what they're saying?" Harry asked. "There aren't any voices" Mione replied. "But there is" I stated. "Let's get out of here" Mione said.

 "I hear them too" Luna stated walking up to Harry and I, staring in awe at the arch. "Harry, Y/n, it's just an empty archway" Mione stated. "Harry? Y/n?" Mione asked.

"Get behind me!" I shouted as I heard the song of the deatheaters.

They swarmed us. Their dark, foggy trails left is blinded for a few seconds. I listened to where Harry was and held his arm. I wasn't letting him get hurt.

The both of us got up, clutching tightly onto our wands. Death eaters surrounded us, each of them holding up a wand to our friends. How I wished to wipe the smirk of Bellatrix's face as she held onto Neville.

"Did you actually believe, were you so naive to believe that you stood a chance, against us?" Lucius Malfoy asked as he walked up to us. 

"I'll make this simple for you" Lucius said extending his hand. "Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die" he stated.

"Don't give it to him!" Neville shouted, causing Bellatrix to tighten her grip around his neck. I handed the orb to Lucius, regret filling my heart.

A bright light appeared behind us. "Get away from my godkids" Dad said appearing behind Lucius Malfoy.

The order of the phoenix were here. Deatheaters were getting knocked out. I smiled in delight as the prophecy fell from Lucius's hand and broke.

Dad ran behind a pillar, bringing us with him. "The both of you should get yourselves and your friends out of here" he said. "What,no I want to fight" Harry protested. "Harry will go" I stated, deflecting a spell coming our way. "You've done beautifully" dad replied. "We'll take care of this" he added.

"Not an option" I stated, deflecting more spells. I was quite enjoying it. Lucius Malfoy was much stronger than I presumed. I should remind myself to not judge someone at first glance again.

More spells came our way, and the three of us deflected them, like the three musketeers squad.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry cast. "Nice one James" Dad replied. Harry smiled in response.

Lucius and the death eaters behind him were now defeated. Dad smiled at Harry and I. I glanced at Uncle Remus, slightly enjoying his line of work again.

"Avada Kedavra!" I heard Bellatrix cast. The life from dad's eyes vanished. He fell behind the veil.

The veil. What was Mrs Black and Nagini telling me about? This moment. I wasn't going to let this happen. Uncle Remus appeared behind us, trying to console Harry, holding him back. I walked up to the veil. 

Harry ran away, and Uncle Remus ran up to me. "Y/n?" Uncle Remus called out. "I couldn't stop it" I stated, tearing up. "Listen to me, remember you are not why he is gone" Uncle Remus replied. "She warned me and yet I couldn't stop it. She told me the biggest clue on this earth and I couldn't solve it. What is the use of all this power if I couldn't even stop my dad's death" I stated.