Chapter 74: I never attended Hogwarts

Y/n pov:

"Hello princess, how are you feeling?" James dad asked as he walked up to me. The plan had worked. Mum and James dad were here to take me out for a day. 

"Better now that you're here" I replied smiling. "I told you there's no need to be worried" James dad said turning to mum. "You sure darling?" Mum asked. I nodded in response.

"I believe a day out will be good" Professor Snape said walking in. Mum's face dropped at the sight of him. "As her professor that is" he added. 

"What would you like to do today?" dad asked. "I would love it if I could see Tom Riddle" I replied. "That could definitely be arranged" Mum replied. "Really?" I asked. "Really" she replied. 

We walked down the street heading to where Tom writes. "How are you feeling?" Mum asked. "I'm with two of my favourite people, how can I feel sad?" I replied. "That's my girl" dad stated smiling.

"Hello?" Dad called out as we walked in. An old man greeted us. "James Potter, I owled earlier" Dad said extending his hand. "Yes, I know" he replied shaking it. "So this is my fan" he added turning to me. "She's been reading your books ever since she knew how to read" Mum stated.

"Y/n Lily Potter" I stated extending my hand. "Tom Marvolo Riddle, at your service" he replied shaking it. "I wanted to interview you, as part of a project" I stated. "Well then follow me" he replied walking into a room. I followed him into it.

"So as a child where did you spend most of your time?" I asked. "The Wool's orphanage, until Professor Dumbledore found me" he replied. "What was the highlight of your years of Hogwarts?" I asked. "You're joking right?" he asked. I shook me head no. "I never attended Hogwarts. I never made it in" he replied. "Never made it in?" I asked. "Yes, Dumbledore didn't find me unique enough. That's when I began to write" he replied.

"But you made your way to the chamber" I stated. "What chamber?" he asked. "The chamber of secrets. With the basilisk that only the heir of Slytherin can control" I replied. "How do you know about that?" he asked. "I've heard of it" I lied. "No no, no one at Hogwarts knows about it in such detail" he stated. "Fine. I'm an heir of Slytherin too. But that's a different case" I replied.

"So how did you make your way into the chamber?" I asked. "I snuck into Hogwarts on more than one occasion, until I found a place in the wizarding world" he replied. 

"I never wanted to go to Hogwarts anyways. Never found it interesting" he added. "Well, thank you for your time. And I'd appreciate it if no one knew about my being a Slytherin heir" I stated. "Sure, sure" he replied. "I don't really trust you" I stated.  "I'm 70 years old, living in a worn down block with no readers. I haven't written in months, and not planning to anytime soon" he replied.

"Fine" I stated. "Thanks, you have no idea as in how this helps" I added. "My pleasure" he replied.

"I hope this outing has made you feel better" Dad said as we walked towards where we left our brooms. "Yes it has, thank you so much" I replied. "It's our pleasure princess" dad said. Mum smiled in response.

"So in your world, the Tom Riddle goes to Hogwarts?" Draco asked. I was narrating the events of the day to him.

 I nodded in response. "That's where I met him the second time and that's where he killed his first victim" I replied. "I never met him, which means I never went back in time" I added. "Never going back in time means that he never got influenced by you and went on to murder people and became a dark wizard" Draco said. I nodded in response.

"Which means he never hurt my parents and I turned out exactly like them" I stated. "So now I have to explore my mind to find out where things could have gone wrong when I was younger" I added. "Not now, now we have to get back. It would be pretty weird if you and I were to be caught out past bedtime" he replied.  

"Fine. We'll meet up in the morning, and create a distraction for the headmaster for the evening, after which I'll search my mind with the help of professor Dumbledore's penseive" I stated. "Alright" he replied.

"Goodnight" I said. "Goodnight" he replied before engulfing me in a hug. "Thank you" he stated. "You're very welcome" I replied. "Before you go, I've got a question" he stated. "Who was the guy who broke your heart?" he asked. "Someone who doesn't exist in this world" I replied.

"Okay we need to be quick" I stated the next morning. "I've asked Snape to get professor Dumbledore out of the castle through any way possible. You have to brew a potion to keep professor Mcgongagal away" I explained. "Will a diluted erumpent potion do?" he asked. "Yes" I replied. "I'm going home soon, and you'll be where you belong" I added. He smiled in response. 

"I knew something was going on" Neville said barging in. "Hello darling, we were discussing a potion that snape assigned to us" I replied. "I know there's something else going on. You're cheating on me. I'm telling everyone. How could you do this to me?" he asked.

'Because you are a misogynistic guy who is so self absorbed that he can't see three feet in front of him' is what I wanted to say. Instead I replied with "That isn't what's going on, you've got it all wrong. It's going to take a while, but I'll explain it all to you right now."

"Fine, tell me" he stated. "I'll leave you both" Draco said walking out.

"Have you noticed I've been very different lately? Like a different person?" I asked. "Yes" he replied. 

"That's because I am someone else. I'm from another timeline, another world. I know how stupid and crazy I sound right now but believe when I say I am not the Y/n you know" I explained. "I believe some of it" he replied. "I'm trying to get back home. I created this world and something's probably going to wrong in it considering I'm not supposed to be here. Draco's helping me with it" I explained.

"Do I exist, in this other world?" he asked. "Yes you do. A very nice and brave person lives in the other world" I replied. "And chances are, the old Y/n will return to this world, even if it falls off the map" I added. 

"Well then you should get on with it. I'll see you around" he replied before walking away. 

Something's off about his reaction.

"Dumbledore is out and professor Mcgonagal is busy cleaning her office" Draco said in the evening as we head to the penseive. "Good job. It won't take us too long" I replied.

We spent an hour searching through the memories from when I was younger and comparing it with my recent time travel memory.

We eventually found it. The man I bumped into. 

"I guess bumping into someone would change things" I stated. "Looks like it" Draco replied. "Do you remember what he said?" he asked. "Yeah, he had left his wallet somewhere" I replied. 

"Could it be that the wallet was stolen  instead of him forgetting it?" Draco asked. I nodded.  "Which means he asked and got his wallet back from Mary" I replied. "And he might have been the owner of the time turner" I added. 

"So how do we change that?" Draco asked. "We'll first have to go back in time in my world. Professor Snape's been working on something that'll help us" I replied.