CHAPTER 1

Please comment and don't be shy to criticize or give your thought about this, since I'm new at writing this story.. 🫶

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LUNA

Life is super fun with my two kiddos who keep fighting over a toy! A fucking toy.

Sometimes I feel like I just want to throw the toy away so my kids can cope with each other without fighting, but I know throwing away trouble doesn't mean the trouble is gone. We need to solve the trouble, not throw it away.

"Kids, come on, Mads, give Ethan his toy back. You can't take those away without asking Ethan's permission."

"Aww...!!! Mommy!! Mads is wild; she bites me again."

Poor Ethan...

I don't know if it was just me or if other moms also experience it. My daughter is kind of savage—you know, more brutal than my boy.

"Madelyn...! Omg, you need to say sorry to your brother. Please be gentle with each other. Ethan, let me see your boo-boo."

This is my dull life every day. Welcome to my world, everybody, the world with the same routine every day. We call it motherhood.

I've been married to my gorgeous husband, Dominic, for about six years. Next week, we will hit our 7th anniversary.

I still remember the first time I met him at the office. We used to work together at the office, and he was my boss. He was a hot boss; you know. I didn't expect that I would become his girlfriend and now his wife.

He is still hot now, perfectly handsome, the perfect daddy for my kids, and aged like a fine wine.

At that time, I was his secretary and his superb assistant. People always knew that my skills in doing my job were amazing. I was a multitasking person, good with everything I did, and a fast learner too. I became his assistant at the age of 23. He was 35 years of age at the time.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Flashback

It is another busy afternoon in the office today.

"Luna, meet me at my office after this meeting." Mr. Campbell says to me suddenly. I've working in this office for two months. Every time he calls me to his office, it feels like I've done something wrong.

He is so intimidating.

"Yes, Sir," I answer him.

After a long 30-minute meeting, I see him go into his office and I immediately follow him. I stand nervously in front of his table.

"Luna, please take a seat, I won't bite." He demands.

I never like seeing him in his eyes. His eyes somehow make me shy and nervous. So, I keep my gaze down.

"Alright, is there anything you want me to do, sir?" I ask him.

"No, I just want to talk with you. Are you free tonight?"

"Umm, yes, I am free tonight, sir."

"Can I take you to go for dinner?"

Shocking, you know...!

Is this a date? Why does he take me out to dinner?

Nope, I'm overthinking, maybe this is just a business dinner.

"Uh, will anyone be mad? Are you... Are you already married, sir?" I ask him.

He laughs at my reaction. Is my question weird or something?