After an antagonising five minutes, Omega was giving the all clear to push again but by this time she was exhausted. Her skin was sickly pale. 

“Megan…stay with us….Megan! Don’t you dare quit on me now!” Jeremy yelled, trying to snap his girlfriend out of her daze. Crosshair was trying his hardest to help his daughter, Helix had to manually get the kid out by pressing on Omega’s stomach and…

Just as the baby boy was born, the screen that was monitoring his daughter’s heart stopped beating. Jeremy collapsed into a chair holding his baby boy while Helix and Rose worked around Crosshair whose mind had almost stopped working. He was frozen on the spot watching Helix and Rose try and revive his daughter, his first-born who was too young to be…oh god, she had taken after him…all this time he thought she would have taken after Hunter but biologically Crosshair had the problems and…he blinked the black spots away as more doctors and nurses rushed into the room. Fives had appeared as well pulling Hunter from the room, he was still unconscious. 

Crosshair on the other hand was holding a newborn in his arms, while Jeremy sobbed in his mother’s arms who was in the private waiting room while Crosshair was being directed to where the newborn would be monitored. A nurse took his grandson from him before he was directed to another room, a doctor knew him and was very concerned for his health. They had contacted his older brother who had burst through the emergency room startling Tech and Echo only to walk through another door and find his crumpled baby brother being assessed by a doctor, Cody barely wrapped Crosshair up before alarms rang through the hospital as the healthcare professionals tried to save a young girl. 

Four hours had passed since the birth of his son but Jeremy could only hang his head while he held tightly to his mother’s hand in the private waiting room opposite the parents of Omega. 

“So, she has three fathers?” Jeremy’s mother asked the room. 

“No, she has a mother and two dads” Echo clarified for the woman who introduced herself as Teresa, she smiled softly at them all. “I’m Echo, Megan’s uncle” Echo introduced himself while he pointed at who was in the room. Echo’s eyes lingered over the parents of his niece, Fives and Hunter held each other tightly while Crosshair just stared at the wall beside them, he wasn’t entirely there and was gripping something tightly in his fist. Cody was leaning against the wall behind him while Tech sat at Crosshairs feet holding tightly to his twin’s hand. 

“Tristan Miles-Dawson?”

Crosshair blinked standing up only to come face to face with the head doctor of the hospital. 

“Please can I have a word in private?” 

Crosshair nodded, falling back into old behaviour. He followed after the doctor patting Jeremy’s arm as he went. The doors shut for a minute only for them to open revealing a smiling Helix. 

“She’s alive” Helix breathed out, he watched all their faces light up. 

“When can we…?” 

“Megan’s being moved into recovery and once she’s in her own room again. I will send for a nurse to come get you. I’m gathering Dr Picklard took Crosshair already?” Helix said with a smile, Hunter only grinned thanking him while Fives nodded to his question. Helix smiled politely promising he would be back very soon. Jeremy tried his hardest to smile but struggled, Hunter immediately noticed and pulled the young man into a hug, Jeremy held tightly to him while Fives bounced on his own two feet making the others chuckle. 

An hour later…

“I’m sorry for scaring you…” 

“Oh Megs, it wasn’t your fault. Sometimes things happen out of our control…”